Icarus, the latest survival hit by DayZ inventor Dean Hall, looks chic, but disappointed with various performance problems at the release. Now the developers are delivering the first content update for their game, which also includes a number of hotfixes.
What’s up with the update? The first update for Icarus is supposed to keep the promise the developers made to the fans after the release: namely to improve the performance and deliver new content. That’s exactly what the team behind Icarus did with First Cohort. Therefore, we summarize what you can expect with the update.
Icarus: First Cohort – These are the contents of the first content update
Icarus: First Cohort has been live since Friday, November 10th, 2021, and includes numerous improvements to gameplay and performance. You will also get new missions and items.
Three new missions in Icarus
- Fire Walk: Delivery – Your job is to secure a temperature-sensitive bioweapon.
- Solid Metal: Storage – You have to collect the deliveries of cargo drones at three locations.
- Wet Work: Extinction – You are to track down and kill a group of Apex Predators.
Two new items
- MXC hammer
- MXC bonfire
Other highlights from Icarus: First Cohort
- increased frequency of gold spawns
- larger meta-deposit amounts for demanding missions
- improved visibility of player icons on the map
- In-world markers for players’ loot bags
- various fixes for offline mode so that players can save their progress without an internet connection
- Server stability improvements
- various bug fixes for game balance and missions
- various adjustments to the graphics performance
What else is there? In addition, the developers have also published some highlights from the community. The team announced on Steam that all players have so far spent 5,813,573 hours in Icarus. The survival game also garnered more than 4.3 million viewer hours on Twitch and YouTube.
In addition to their enthusiasm for the commitment of the fans, the developers continue to promise to implement the wishes of the Icarus community and to fix problems with bugs in the game. After all, fans can look forward to more content on an ongoing basis.
|More about the Topic|
You can find the full patch notes including all adjustments from the First Cohort update on Steam. Let us know what you think of the update in the comments!