The new update 0.6.0 for Dead Matter has been released. That brings a whole new medical system and other cool changes. We have the patch notes for you!
Finally an update: It took a few months for a new update to appear. With the 0.6.0 update of Dead Matter you get a completely new medical and combat system. We have carried out the most important innovations for you.
Click here for the latest news!
Dead Matter Update 0.6.0: This is in the big patch
Why the break? Before we get into the actual patch notes, we should explain why a new update has been a long time coming. The reason for this is quite simple. The development team has not only moved in the past few months, but also had to renew the entire medical system.
1. Medical system
New icons: The most visible change is likely to be the new icons that reflect your physical status. However, these are only displayed if they change, so you lose blood or eat something. The five new symbols are sorted as follows:
- Endurance (middle bottom)
More endurance: The system of two different types of endurance is also new. On the one hand, you now have the combat stamina, which is emptied by close combat or pushing zombies. On the other hand, there is normal running endurance. This only empties when you jump or sprint.
You must therefore be particularly careful in hand-to-hand combat. Hits you take slow you down for a brief moment. The same also applies to your opponents.
How to Heal Yourself: A new medical system also requires a new method of healing. Originally, similar to Escape From Tarkov, you dragged and dropped your medical kit onto the wounded limb.
With medipacks and trauma kits, however, you can now right-click to open a drop-down menu that shows the limbs that have been damaged. So you can heal yourself much faster than in the Dead Matter version before.
In addition, your life points are now made up of the individual HP of your arms, legs, torso and head.
2. Character customizations
No more attributes: For many players it was simply too unfair which attributes they started with. Some professions had greater advantages, such as starting with a firearm or striking weapon. Anyone wanting to be a mechanic and convert their base into a high-security wing looked into the tube at the beginning of their session.
That should change with the Dead Matter Update 0.6.0. Here only the starter perks and the progression perks should make a difference between the professions. This is to create a better balance for all available classes. The new perks look like this:
- Construction Worker: Immediately build level 2 structures during base building.
- Police Officer: Friendly Fire does 75% less damage to you.
- Delivery Driver: Receives a 20% boost on vehicle handling and braking power.
- Emergancy Mecial Technician: Can make better medical items right from the start.
- Firefighter: Has a 25% higher maximum carrying capacity and receives damage and
- speed boosts when overloaded.
- Blacksmith: Can build lockpicks and armor repair kits.
- Technician: Can produce many components for base building more cheaply. In addition, only he can make locks for containers and doors right from the start.
- Unemployed: This class doesn’t have a single perk, so it starts at 0.
3. New crafting system
Here’s how it works: Players can still create some items using drag-and-drop. The new system adds a window, i.e. a crafting menu. In it you can then see all the recipes that your professional class can make. Over time this will of course be completed. Later, the whole system is to be expanded to include workbenches and tools.
4. Armor work now
Up until now, armor was seen as a purely visual treat. With the upcoming update, however, these should serve a purpose. Depending on the level, they hold off different amounts of damage.
Football pads: -15% damage
Heavy Armor: -65% damage
However, durability is also important here. The higher this is, the longer the vest or helmet will keep you safe.
Further changes & patch notes from Dead Matter Update 0.6.0
– New database system
– New zombies, zombie spawning algorithms
– Add message in case /spawnvehicle failed
– Optimized soundscape performance
– Food Changes
– Food now has portions, instead of eating half you will simply eat a single portion instead.
– Protein now heals a small amount of HP.
– Carbs and Sugars now restore a small amount of Stamina.
– Soda, Coffee and Energy Drinks now restore a small amount of Stamina.
– Weather effect & fog tweaks
– Greatly reduced chat filter aggression
– Main menu has new sky
– Replace /removezombies, /removeanimals with /removeai
– Random character names should show up much faster
– Vehicle handling tweaks
– Upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.26
– Disable car doors detaching for now
– Updated claim build menu to match the rest of the UI
– Settings menu updates
– VOIP optimizations
– First person swimming animations have been added, as well as the inability to have a held item out while doing so.
– Added the /request [message] command (or /// ) that allows you to send a message out to server admins.
– Lights and light switches now save their states to the database (broken lights, and flicked switches).
– Elevators will also save their last position to the database.
– While not visible for this patch, quest items and quest containers have been added, allowing for more flexibility and freedom for the quests we’ll make in the future.
– Something that might be a little more visible is the minigame system rewrite. Lockpicking has been affected by it, and while it remains the same gameplay wise, do report any issues you find with it.
– Removed car jacking/hot-wiring. It will be remade and added back in a future update.
– Refactored player death to make it cleaner and more flexible for future additions, such as death reasons.
– Added the /knockout [Player] [Duration] command which lets you render players unconscious, for admins and higher. You can wake up players with /wake [Player]
– Item values for common items have been reduced significantly. This mostly affects barter and food items as they spawned the most.
– Weapon and ammo spawns have been reduced significantly
– Food and drink spawns have been reduced significantly and separated into tiers. This mostly affects residential locations, at the moment.
– Clothing and armor spawns have been reduced and separated into tiers. On top of this, clothing sizes have also been reduced and take up less space.
– Backpack spawns have been reduced slightly and separated into tiers
– Civ/military crates and weapon boxes will now spawn weapon attachments as loose loot. Weapon attachments are also in their own tiered loot tables.
– Guncases no longer spawn explosives. Instead, explosives will spawn in their own unique crates.
– The RU and Military Jackets now have larger pockets
– Lockpicks will now stack up to 25 instead of 5.
– Underground locations have been given sky modifier volumes that allow for pitch black areas. This should help with any “dim” flashlights players were experiencing when exploring these locations
– Some food/ingredients will cause loss of hydration when eaten raw. This will receive a larger pass in the future.
– Some item previews have been adjusted to look better.
– Rags have been renamed to Cloth Scrap and can now be stacked.
– Unique crafting items have had their category changed from “Barter” to “Junk” to better differentiate them from barter items.
– Some bunker lights have been adjusted to not be as bright
– Several more items are now stackable (Ex. cardboard, leaves, etc.)
– Like before, sub-inventory items can only store certain items based on which sub-inventory item it is. (Guncase can only store firearm category items, coolers can only store consumable category items, etc.)
– Plastic and Metal have been renamed to Plastic Scrap and Metal Scrap. They have also had their inventory size increased (2×2 to 3×3) and have custom models.
– You can now search any item with an inventory without the need to equip it or put it in your own inventory
– Additional spawn locations for medical loot for use with the new medical system
– Police car now has a siren
– Starvation and dehydration no longer immediately kill you, instead leaving you in a critical state.
– Occupation changes
– The old skill system has been removed
– Characters are now built around two kinds of perks – occupational, and character-specific
– Occupational perks are perks that are built to lean into the specialization a given occupation may have within the game
– Character-specific perks are less specialized, and allow you to tailor your character to suit the build you’re aiming for.
– The Chef, Farmer and Security Guard professions have been temporarily removed until systems to support their gameplay loops are in place.
– Repair Man has been renamed to Technician to better reflect their abilities
– Doctor has been renamed to EMT to bring them more in line with the game’s lore, and also to focus more on their occupation-specific abilities
– Construction Worker – they are able to begin building structures at Level 2 without the increased material costs that other occupations need to pay
– Police Officer – they now take 75% less damage from friendly fire, allowing them to serve as a tank for players they’re in a group with. In the future, they will be given further bonuses. Our intention is for the Police Officer to serve as a group leader for those who with to group up with other players and work together.
– New Occupation – Delivery Driver – Gain a 20% boost to vehicle acceleration and braking. Down the line, specialized crafting recipes will also be added for vehicle mods and upgrades.
– EMT (Formerly Doctor) – Ability to craft more advanced medical items.
– Firefighter – +25% max carry weight, additional damage and attack speed when using melee weapons.
– New Occupation – Blacksmith – Gain ability to craft lockpicks and armor repair kits.
– Technician (Formerly Repair Man) – Gain ability to craft a variety of items such as locks for containers and doors. Can craft many recipes that are available to everyone with less components or generic components in place of specific components. In the future will be able to craft more technically complex items.
-General rebalance of weapon damage and handling
Dead Matter Update 0.6.0 Fixes
– Fixed not being able to shoot while holding shift and not sprinting
– Fix exploit where you can modify/drop items while trading to duplicate them
– Fix vehicles not starting with handbrake on
– Fix hitching caused by items in houses
– Fix falling out of world – you now properly get placed back in the world
– Fix bunker ladders not always being climbable
– Fix some performance problems with the new sky
– Fixed some soundscape performance loss
– Fix crown vic not letting you look down
– Fixed bunker door not having any collision
– Fix growable items not always giving you the vegetable
– Fix vehicle engine audio not changing pitch
– Fix main menu lighting
– Fix vehicle headlines eating performance
– Fix VOIP mic selection, fix crash when changing VOIP mic
– Fix items in a vehicle staying floating in place if the vehicle despawns
– Pre-emptively fixed a possible bug with elevators that could occur when they became relevant while moving.
– Your legs no longer hit you in the face if you do a 180 while swimming.
– Fixed light IES textures not being disabled when a light is off/shot out.
– Fixed rotating furniture affecting your lean multiplier.
– Fixed recoil viewpunch not accounting for manual recoil compensation (vertically, you no longer will be facing the ground after shooting if you pulled down).
– Fixed an issue with the input manager when new inputs were added by us.
– The chatbox will now close when unfocused or when ESC is pressed.
– The pause menu (escape menu) will now close when escape is pressed.
– The teleport, bring and goto commands will stop all movement to avoid taking fall damage.
– Fixed issue where texture wasn’t applied to water cooler
– Fixed several cracks in ground that players could fall through
– Fixed various minor terrain issues (grass coming through buildings, rocks floating, etc.)
– Fixed an issue where several buildings were missing from the map, thus leaving giant holes in the landscape
– Fixed issue where players could no longer progress through Rat’s Nest Cave.
– Fixed issue where players would fall into ravines inside of Rat’s Nest Cave and survive, becoming stuck. You’ll now die the moment you fall into a ravine.
– Fixed issue where crafting items used in recipes weren’t spawning in containers.
– Fixed broken containers that didn’t even show their inventory. These were from our old container system that’s since been deprecated.
– Fixed issue where weapon attachments didn’t have the “Firearm” category assigned to them, thus making it impossible to store inside of gun cases.
– Fixed leather jacket preview mesh, it will no longer show up as the RU Jacket.
– Fixed collision on guardrails
– Fixed building missing from world
– Foliage has seen a number of fixes to make the world more coherent while work continues on the new worldspace
You can find more information about the upcoming update 0.6.0 of Dead Matter here!