The October update fixes some bugs in Disney Dreamlight Valley, but the loading problem remains unsolved for now. We’ll now tell you what was fixed in the patch, when you can expect a solution for the loading problem, and what the developers have to say about it.
What it’s about: At the end of October a patch for Disney Dreamlight Valley was released. This brought useful and important improvements and bug fixes. In addition, for some players, a bug was created that made it impossible to load and start the game. We’ll tell you not only the contents of the October patch but also what the developers have to say about the bug and when there will be a solution.
- Never miss guides and news for Disney Dreamlight Valley again — Guided Social Media
What the Developers Say About Dreamlight Valley’s Loading Bug
Some players have the problem that Dreamlight Valley does not load and start since the last update. The developers already know about it and have announced in a statement on Twitter that the problem has the highest priority.
The loading issue fix is coming along well and we will provide a better idea of release timing with a status update tomorrow.
We will also share further details on the timing of the compensation shortly.
Please stay tuned and thanks again for your patience!
— Disney Dreamlight Valley (@DisneyDLV) October 31, 2022
They plan to release another hotfix today or tomorrow, respectively, which should solve the problem. In addition, all players will receive compensation for the bug. However, the developers have not yet revealed what exactly this compensation will look like. At least all players, whether they have the loading bug or not, can look forward to a surprise.
This is the Content of the October Patch of Dreamlight Valley
However, the October patch is more of a hot fix. It fixes some bugs and optimizes some things. Especially noticeable is that a warning for seizures has been added, and a mode that hides lightning-like effects has also been implemented. This makes the game more accessible for light-sensitive people who suffer from epilepsy, for example.
Additionally, some bugs and ambiguities in the quests have also been fixed. These include, for example, the Sunstone quest from Mother Gothel and the quest with the Root Beer from Scar.
We have a list of all the patch notes for you:
Improvements & Optimization:
- Improved performance and stability on Xbox.
- Added Seizure Warning during the game’s boot sequence.
- Added toggle in Settings menu to remove in-game flash effects. This will impact:
- Lighting visual asset that flashes during storms
- White flashing effect in the clouds during storms (storms will appear as regular rain showers and will continue to be monitored)
- Flashing effect upon successfully catching a fish
- Added toggle in Settings menu to remove in-game screen shake effects. This will impact:
- Screen shake upon successfully catching a fish
- Screen wobble while waiting during the fishing action
- Screen shake while completing the mining action
- Screen shake while completing the digging action
- Removed exhaustion effect.
- Improved clarity of Sunlit Plateau story quest objective description involving root beer.
- Fixed quest blocker for Mother Gothel’s “Restoring The Sunstone” quest. We acknowledge that the previous fix did not resolve the issue for all players, so we are continuing to closely monitor this fix to see its impact on the community.
- Fixed an issue preventing villagers from accepting meals in Chez Remy.
- Fixed the castle motif on the Disney Castle t-shirt.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from picking up some items at the base of palm trees on Dazzle Beach.
- Fixed the Toy Story-themed Fancy Table to allow objects placed on it to be picked up.
- Moved a lamp in Mickey’s house to prevent objects from getting stuck behind it.
- Scar’s Friendship quest and gifting will now only become available after completing the Sunlit Plateau story quest.
- Halloween rewards acquired from Dreamlight Duties can now be properly bought again from Scrooge’s Delivery.
- Pressing “B” (Circle) now properly skips dialog boxes.
- The “Trick or Treat” Dreamlight Duty now properly requires gifting candies to characters.
- The Webbed Tree in the Villains Star Path can now be found under the Foliage category in the Wardrobe menu.
- Various online service improvements.
- Scar’s Volcano Stove now requires coal to cook with.
- Scar’s Volcano Stove can now be selected after being placed in the world.
- The Collection menu will now update itself properly after collecting items.
- Swapped the item color of Moana’s level 10 Friendship item to its intended color scheme.
You want to join our community and discuss about Disney Dreamlight Valley? Then join our Discord server or visit us on Facebook, we are looking forward to you!