Hogwarts Legacy is coming out on February 07, that much is known, but now we know the launch times for the release as well as the date for the preload on PlayStation 5, Xbox and PC.
What do we know? Via twitter.com, the developers of Hogwarts Legacy have now announced the final launch dates as well as the time of Hogwarts Legacy. PC players will have to wait a bit longer than fans on PlayStation and Xbox, though.
All launch times for Hogwarts Legacy on PC, Xbox and PlayStation.
When does the preload start? The start times for the preload also differ between PC and console. We already know the date for the consoles, the PC doesn’t seem to get a preload at all. Players on Steam and Epic Games will be able to download Hogwarts Legacy right at launch. PlayStation and Xbox can be pre-downloaded at the following time:
- Deluxe Edition (PS5) Preload: February 05, 2023 – 00:00 local time.
- Deluxe Edition (Xbox Series) preload: February 05, 2023 – 00:00 local time
- Pre-Load of the normal edition (Xbox & PS5): 08 February 2023 – 00:00 local time
When can you play? Purchasers of the normal edition of Hogwarts Legacy will be able to play the game on February 10. Again, the launch time on consoles is 00:00 local time. On PC, Hogwarts Legacy will then launch at 10:00 am PST or 19:00 CET (Germany). Pre-ordered of the Deluxe Edition can already play 72 hours earlier. Contrary to popular belief on twitter.com, this very much applies to PC as well, although PC players will start later than console:
- Game launch for Digital Deluxe (Xbox & PlayStation): February 07 – 00:00 local time.
- Game launch for Digital Deluxe (PC): February 07 – 10:00 a.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. CET.
- Normal Edition (Xbox & PlayStation): February 10 – 00:00 a.m. local time.
- Normal Edition (PC): February 10 – 10:00 a.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. CET.
Worth Reading: Hogwarts Legacy: Am I allowed to stream & make videos 72 hours in advance?
How big is the download of Hogwarts Legacy & Day 1 Patch?
On consoles, you can expect around 80 gigabytes, which you’ll have to factor in for the base game. The size of the Day 1 patch is not yet known — this also applies to the PC! Generally, you’ll have to create more storage space on your (hopefully) SSD on the PC:
- Console: 79.9 gigabytes
- PC: 85 gigabyte