The preload for Modern Warfare 3 is supposed to start on November 8 at 7:00 PM, but some users are already able to start downloading. We’ve tested it and will tell you what you need to do to be among the first to download the nearly 100 GB.
Overview of the news:
- Some players are already able to pre-download the zombie and multiplayer modes.
- However, this only works in the Battle.net Launcher from Activision Blizzard.
- The download size on PC in the Battle.net Launcher is 94 GB.
Download MW3 Zombies and Multiplayer Early
On X (Twitter), some players report that they can already pre-download Modern Warfare 3 Zombies & Multiplayer. However, the preload shouldn’t start until November 8 at 10:00 AM PT. We’ve checked it out for ourselves to see if there’s any truth to it, and we can confirm that Battle.net users can indeed start downloading the nearly 100 GB already, at least with the help of a trick.
This is How Big the MW3 Zombie & Multiplayer Mode is in the Preload
The actual download size seems to vary among some users. While the original tweeter DETONATED had to download almost 130 GB, our test showed only 94 GB. According to the account PlayStationSize via X, the multiplayer mode on the PS4 is supposed to be around 18.5 GB; there are no details yet for the zombie mode or the PS5 version.
Here’s How the Trick Works to Start the Download Now
It should be mentioned upfront that console owners and Steam users will need to wait. The early preload works exclusively with the developers’ own Battle.net Launcher, and all others must wait until the official preload starts. So if you own Modern Warfare 3 through the Battle.net Launcher, you can start your download now as follows:
- You will need a VPN service such as NordVPN or ExpressVPN. Other VPNs should be fine as well.
- Launch your VPN program and connect to a server in New Zealand.
- When you restart your Battle.net Launcher, you should be able to start the preload.
- Once the preload is complete, you can deactivate your VPN.
With this trick, you can download the new content before anyone else. However, you also have enough time until the actual start on November 10th if you do not want to use the trick. Regularly, the preload for everyone will begin on November 8th at 10:00 AM PT.