Warhammer 40,000: Darktide will get new classes or “specializations” for the existing ones in the next few months. When they will come and what abilities they will bring, we reveal now.
What’s going on? In the past few days, resourceful users have scoured the game files of Darktide. In the process, they have come across hidden classes that are not yet available in the playable version. The “classes” are mainly specializations of the already known four classes Preacher, Ogryn, Psionic, and Veteran. But what exactly awaits us, and when can we play it?
Warhammer 40k Darktide gets new classes – What to expect
Disclaimer: While the classes, stats, and abilities are found in the game files exactly as they are below, they are still subject to change. It should take about two months until the first new class is released — more about that later!
#1 Ogryn Gun Lugger
The new Ogryn class is a ranged fighter and suppresses enemies with constant heavy fire. Once the enemies are suppressed — a status effect in Darktide — and the Gun Lugger attacks, it does 20% more damage.
Gun Lugger Skills & Abilities:
- Passive: 8% chance to shoot for free / 25% DR while braced / +50% max ammo
- Mixed: +12% damage for 6s after reload / 2% toughness on ranged kill / +25% magazine size
- Offensive: +1% critical chance for 6s on kill, max +12% / +25% suppression / 30% faster reload for 5s upon hitting 5 enemies
- Defensive: (no info) / +20% movement speed for 5s on ranged kill / 2% toughness regeneration while braced
- Coherency: +15% max ammo in coherency / +10% more damage (+30%) vs suppressed enemies / (speculation) 25% ranged damage reduction per ally in coherency, max 4 stacks, lasts 8s
- Passive Spec: +15% max ammo in coherency / +10% more damage (+30%) vs suppressed enemies / (speculation) 25% ranged damage reduction per ally in coherency, max 4 stacks, lasts 8s
- Combat Ability: +15% fire rate / (cannot speculate) / +25% damage to enemies in close range
#2 Veteran Squad Leader
This class uses the new “Krak Grenades”. These grenades are designed to penetrate heavily armored targets and destroy bunkers as well as vehicles. This new Darktide class gets four grenades at the start of the round. Compared to the familiar Veteran, the Squad Leader does 5% more damage to enemies.
Abilities of the Veteran Squad Leader:
- Passive: every 10s, reduce the cooldown by 6s on hit (?) / (speculation) tagged enemies take +15% damage / (there is no 3rd for this group).
- Mixed: (no info) / +50% krak grenade damage / (no info).
- Offensive: +15% ranged damage for 8s (unknown condition) / max charges increased to 4 (probably grenade) / 5% chance on enemy death to gain +20% damage and +20% suppression damage for 10s
- Defensive: movement speed increased by 20% (unknown condition) / -50% damage taken from enemies and -30% damage taken from monsters (unknown condition) / stamina is doubled, +100 toughness (unknown condition).
- Coherency: (no info) / +3% extra damage (total of +8%) / 10% something (no idea, chance to trigger a passive?).
- Passive Spec: +30% (suppressed enemy?) damage / suppression cooldown is now 6s / on enemy death, cooldown reduce cooldown by 2s (?)
- Combat Ability: reduced spread, sway, charge-up time, recoil and increased reload speed for 10s / increased impact, movement and attack speed, melee damage and reduced block costs for 10s / (no info)
#3 New Zealot Class (name unknown)
The data miner has also found a new Zealot class in the game files of Warhammer 40k Darktide. However, he could not yet find the name or exact stats here. It is known that the new Zealot, like the Veteran, has a new grenade type. Presumably, these are fire grenades, but the leaker can’t confirm that.
Abilities of the Zealot Class:
- Passive: (no idea) / 20% more damage vs disgusting (I think disgusting is infected) / 50% less corruption damage taken
- Mixed: 30% increased impact / 75 more toughness / 2 more wounds.
- Offensive: 5% increased melee damage, 5 max stacks / 33% of your critical chance is shared (with something) / hit mass impact modifier is increased by 50%.
- Defensive: every 10s push enemies around with a great force (?) / each health segment takes less damage (?) / -15% toughness damage taken.
- Coherency: +15% damage and 0.5% toughness regenerated for 5s (unknown condition) / increases corruption heal to 2 per second (?) / every 10 seconds reduces damage by 75% for 4s (?).
- Passive Spec: reduces cooldown by 0.5s (?) / increases crit chance by 10% / (no info).
- Combat Ability: (no idea) / (no info) / increases shield duration to 8s.
#4 Psyker Protectorate
The name of the new Psyker class is already known. However, there is only speculation here regarding the abilities and equipment. There are entries in the files naming the abilities:
- Psychic Fortress
- Force Field
- Force Field Dome
- Chain Lightning
Another entry, unrelated to any class, talks about throwing knives. These occupy the grenade slot, which is why the Psyker Protectorate may use throwing knives. In Warhammer 40,000 lore, there are indeed Psykers who use throwing knives with their telekinetic abilities — so it is possible.
What the developers say about new classes in Warhammer 40k Darktide
Back on October 14, the developers of Darktide published a post on Steam (via reddit.com) in which they talk about new classes. Here they explain that there will be four classes and around 70 weapons at the game’s launch. Later, new classes will actually follow.
While we are not ready to announce specific dates, it is safe to say that we aim to release one new class every quarter.
The killer of joy follows directly in the next sentence, though:
We haven’t decided yet if we will charge for new and upcoming classes in Darktide. But that is an option we are discussing.
So the probability that discovered files for the new classes are correct is high. As mentioned at the beginning, you should generally take leaked data with a grain of salt. According to the developers, the first class should be released in January or February. There will certainly be a trailer or at least an announcement beforehand. To make sure you don’t miss it, follow us on social media or join our community discord.
Source: via Github.com