At first, there’s no sign of fast travel in Coral Island, but it’s definitely available. Our editor, Alex, has completed the farming simulation entirely and will reveal how to unlock the fast travel option.
In this guide, you’ll learn:
- How fast travel works in Coral Island.
- What you need to do to unlock the fast travel option.
Yes, Fast Travel is Possible in Coral Island, but when?
For those who prefer not to walk, there’s bad news in this guide because the map of Coral Island is vast, and fast travel becomes fully available only quite late in the game. While you don’t need to complete the farming-intensive life simulation in the style of Harvest Moon entirely to be able to travel quickly from point A to point B, you will need to make significant progress in the story before the option to fast travel becomes partially accessible.
|More about Coral Island|
To be precise, you must complete the quest “A Mysterious Dream” in any case. Prior to this task, Connor explains to you in a chat at the Town Hall why Starlet Town received the poor economic ranking of F. If you go to sleep the following evening, you’ll have a peculiar dream, and the quest will begin.
By completing “A Mysterious Dream,” you gain access to the Lake Temple and the opportunity to offer sacrifices to the Goddess there. To unlock fast travel, you must make an initial offering. These offerings generally consist of resources that you can obtain in various locations in the game world.
Fast Travel is Limited to Waypoints
Unfortunately, unlocking the fast travel option alone doesn’t provide you with too much freedom. Coral Island’s fast travel system is waypoint-based, which means you can’t “teleport” between random locations in the game. Rather, you can travel between predefined locations, and these locations must also be unlocked one by one.
Here’s an overview of the initially available waypoints and the conditions that must be met to unlock them:
- Farm: Make your first offering at the Lake Temple.
- Lake Temple: Make your first offering at the Lake Temple (yes, this unlocks 2 travel points).
- Dive Pier: You must activate 3 Solar Orbs on the ocean floor.
- Cave: You must reach the 15th floor, which may take a while.
- Lookout: Complete the second offering at the Lake Temple.
- Town: Complete the “Sam’s Local Produce” task.
- Forestland: Becomes available after capturing 50 insects.
- Hot Spring: This waypoint unlocks after completing 10 offerings at the Lake Temple.
- Giant Village: You must free the Earth and Water Giants.
Have you played Coral Island already? How do you like Stairway Games’ work compared to the established Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons series? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments!
Coral Island has been available for PC (Steam), Playstation 5, and Xbox Series in version 1.0 since November 14th. This followed a successful Kickstarter campaign that raised over 1.6 million US dollars, as well as a year-long Early Access phase.
Want to join our community and discuss Coral Island? Then join our Discord server; we look forward to having you!