In Lethal Company, teamwork and good communication are the keys to survival and victory. However, in the Early Access of Lethal Company, some players have started to complain that they are experiencing problems with voice chat. We have faced them ourselves and going to share with you what worked for us best.
Contents of this guide: In this guide, we’ll tell you what can cause voice chat problems in Lethal Company, and give you some tips on how to solve them.
- Below are potential voice chat issues.
- We will show you a few tips on how to fix your microphone.
- Follow the instructions listed in this guide to solve voice chat problems in Lethal Company.
How To Fix Lethal Company Mic and Voice Chat Not Working
Below, we’ll list a couple of problems you may encounter with voice chat and give you some tips on how to solve them:
- Microphone Configuration – First of all, make sure your microphone is connected and set up. Try changing the microphone port and test it on special websites or in another program.
- Game Settings – The next thing you should do is check the game settings. Make sure you have the correct microphone selected and that the audio output settings are working correctly. Also, determine whether you are using an open mic or push-to-talk for voice communication. It is recommended to use push-to-talk for Lethal Company as it tends to have fewer issues among users
- Driver Issues – The next problem that occurs quite often is a problem with your computer’s audio drivers. Make sure you have the latest version of the drivers and try reinstalling them.
- Steam Settings – If you’re playing Lethal Company on Steam, you may experience voice chat issues due to Steam settings. Access the “Settings” section in the Steam client, locate the “Voice” tab, and adjust the microphone and audio output settings there to ensure correct selection and functionality.
- Game Updates – If you have tried everything described above and nothing has helped, the problem may lie with the game itself. Your sound bug may be since the game is still in early access, and the developer may fix it in a future update. So keep an eye out for updates.
Considering the game’s development was undertaken by just one person, it is not surprising that players may experience issues with the voice chat feature. However, its absence can have a very negative impact on the overall gaming experience because most of the game’s mechanics are tied to voice chat, such as communicating on the walkie-talkie to open doors or avoid monsters. Text chat is also available in the game, but frantically typing on the keyboard when a monster is chasing you may not be a good idea.
And that’s all for now. We hope the tips above will help you solve your sound problems and enjoy this game.
If you want to read more, feel free to take a look at: