As befits a good Souls-like game, Lords of the Fallen has multiple different endings, three in total. We’ll tell you how to unlock them all in our guide.
The three different endings in Lords of the Fallen each unlock a new starting class and, of course, a trophy. So if you want to achieve all of it, you’ll have to play through the game three times or save at the appropriate points to be able to take different paths in one run. These endings exist in Lords of the Fallen:
- The Radiance Ending
- The Inferno ending
- The (secret) Umbral ending
How to Unlock the Radiance Ending
The Radiance Ending in Lords of the Fallen might be the “easiest” ending to achieve. You’ll get the trophy “In Light we Walk” and unlock the starting class “Radiant Purifier”.
To reach the Radiance End, you must cleanse every single beacon. Once you have the last beacon behind you, you can defeat the sundered monarch in Bramis Castle and enter the Rhogar realm. Defeat Adyr there and the Radiance Ending is unlocked.
How to Unlock the Inferno Ending
Now it becomes more difficult. The Inferno Ending requires you not to purify a single beacon. After your victory against the monarch, you must go to the Abbey of the Hallowed Sisters. There you will find the rune of Adyr. Take the rune to Adyr and in exchange you will receive the Empowered Rune of Adyr, which will allow you to corrupt all the beacons in Lords of the Fallen. To do this, you need to visit all the beacons and use Adyr’s empowered rune on them.
When you have corrupted all five beacons, you can enter the consciousness of Judge Cleric the Radiant Sentinel at the last one and use Adyr’s Rune on her one last time. With this, you will have unlocked the Inferno Ending as well as the starting class “Lord” and the “Lord of the Risen” trophy.
How to Unlock the Umbral Ending
The last thing left is the Umbral ending. This third ending has a lot to offer. In order not to spoil too much and not to go beyond the scope of this guide, we will show you the individual steps chronologically in bullet points. We also assume that you have already played through the game once since this ending is by far the most difficult and elaborate.
Start your run, making sure not to miss the following steps along the way:
- Talk to Damarose in the sanctuary until the dialogue is exhausted.
- Free the blacksmith, Gerlinde.
- Talk to Damarose again (between the bell tower and the swamp).
- Defeat the main boss in the Abandoned Redcopse.
- Talk to Damarose a third time in Fitzroy’s Gorge.
- Run towards the castle until you reach the bridge with the mini-boss and use your lantern to pull out the three souls located in the wall to the left, right, and behind the bridge. Follow the now-open path at the beginning of the bridge to the Adyr shrine, where you will meet Damarose again. If she’s not there, teleport out once at the checkpoint there and back in again.
- Go through the mines into the depths and defeat the boss “The Unbroken Promise”.
- Find Molhu and buy a Scouring Clump from him and throw it into the well in Boss Arena, which you can find after you defeat the Kept Promise. This will take you to the “Mothers Lull” area.
- In this area, you’ll meet a non-hostile Remnant from which you’ll get the item “Damarose’s Seedpod”.
- Take the Seedpod to Damarose, who disappears and can never be found again.
- Return to the “Mothers Lull” and get “Gerlinde’s Seedpod” from the same creature.
- Fight for the rune of Adyr in the abbey of the Hallowed Sisters.
- Travel to the blacksmith and give him Gerlinde’s Seedpod. If you want to buy something or improve items, make sure you do it first. Once you hand over the pod, the blacksmith will disappear from the game.
- Defeat the Light Reaper in Calrath and get the Lightreaper’s Umbral Parasite.
- Use the parasite at Molhuon the designated pillar.
- Travel to “Mothers Lull” again and exchange the rune of Adyr for Melchior’s Seedpod with the Remnant.
- Defeat the monarch and use the pod at Adyr to get the Withered Rune of Adyr.
- Now go to the snow area, more precisely to the The Fief of the Chill Curse. Go to Umbral to meet the NPC “Iron Wayfarer” and use the Withered Rune of Adyr on him. In return, you’ll get Harkyn’s Umbral Parasite.
- Now go back to Molhu. Use the parasite again on the corresponding pillar and talk to Molhu afterward.
- Rest once at the checkpoint and then go to Pieta. Use the Soulflayer on her.
- You will automatically be teleported to the Mothers Lull, where a boss fight against Elianne the Starved awaits you.
- Defeat Elianne and get Elianne’s Umbral Parasite.
- Use the parasite again on Molhu’s pillars.
- Talk to Molhu one last time and choose “Enter Mothers Lull”.
- Cross the chasm and run to the end of the path.
So, now you’re done. It was quite easy, wasn’t it? The Umbral ending earns you the “Putrid Child” starting class and the “Back to the Void” trophy.
Would you like to join our community and be informed about all the latest gaming news? Then join our new Discord server.