In the hero shooter Overwatch 2, you should normally have unlocked all heroes as the owner of the predecessor. However, some players experience a bug, and all heroes are locked. We’ll tell you how to fix the problem.
That’s it: Overwatch 2 has been available as a Free2Play title since the beginning of October, and owners of the predecessor have access to all old characters. However, some players are reporting that the heroes are locked. This is a bug that Blizzard will probably fix soon. Until then, we have a solution ready for you.
All Overwatch Heroes Locked for Old Players – This is the Solution
As an Overwatch 1 owner, if you’re having trouble accessing the old characters, it’s because Overwatch 2 thinks you’re a new player. The “New Player Experience” is intended to ensure that new players first have to unlock the old characters by playing a few matches to learn how the game works.
Now there are two solutions you can try. On the one hand, a complete restart of Overwatch 2 or a restart of Battle.net on the PC often helps. If that still doesn’t help, you can try to merge your Overwatch content with Overwatch 2.
- On the console where the accounts will be merged, load and log in to Overwatch 2.
- Choose Options.
- Choose Link Account.
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code.
- Either log in or create a new Battle.net account.
- Back in the main menu, select Merge Account.
- Make sure both accounts are correct, and press and hold the appropriate button to confirm.
- You can repeat this process for any additional consoles with which you wish to merge your account.
Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that these solutions will work. However, developer Blizzard is already working on a fix, but it is not known when this will come.
|More about Overwatch 2|
Do you want to join our community and discuss Overwatch 2? Then join our Discord server, we are looking forward to you!