In this Overwatch 2 guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the new Overwatch character Sojourn, including her abilities and other tips and tricks that can help you get started playing with her.
When will Overwatch 2 be released? Overwatch 2 launched on 5th October and replaces its direct predecessor Overwatch. Of course, new playable characters can’t be missing with a new release, and that’s why we’re introducing Sojourn to you in this guide.
Overwatch 2 Hero Sojourn Guide – All Abilities, DPS & Battle Tactics
Sojourn is one of the new heroes and belongs to the damage dealers. Her railgun can deal extremely high damage from a distance and close range. Her cybernetic upgrades and gun give her the speed, precision and firepower to turn the battle in her favor. With Powerslide, Sojourn also has a great tool to escape from risky situations or start fights.
All of Sojourn’s abilities
- Primary Attack: Rapid-firing machine gun that gathers energy for the secondary attack while firing.
- Secondary Attack: Very powerful single shot that uses the collected energy. The more charged, the more damage.
- Ability 1 Power Slide: Slide across the ground and convert your movement energy into a high jump.
- Ability 2 Disruptor Shot: An energy shot that slows down enemies and slowly inflicts damage.
- Ultimate Overclock: The railgun charges quickly and automatically, and your shots pierce enemies.
Sojourn’s Strenghts and Weaknesses
How to Play Sojourn – Deal maximum damage
- Rapid fire: Sojourn’s railgun has almost no recoil and can be reloaded quickly. So there’s no point in not constantly shooting your enemies with projectiles and energy beams.
- Energy: Shoot anything that moves to charge up your railgun. Especially tanks with shields are perfect candidates for this.
- Charge: It’s best to use your charge on damage or support heroes to take them out as quickly as possible. Hold sustained fire on an enemy up to a 65% charge. Then pull the trigger, if the shot hits, your enemy is probably mud.
- Distance: Sojourn’s abilities are designed to engage and eliminate enemies from a distance. Therefore, avoid close combat with enemies
Sojourn’s playstyle explained – How to play effectively
Like Soldier 76, Sojourn is a classic DPS hero who prefers to stay at a distance from melee fighters. Because of her railgun, enemies can be permanently pressured without being able to do much about it. As soon as the railgun is charged up enough, you concentrate on taking out a healer or DPS. In addition to the Railgun, Sojourn’s Powerslide gives her a good tool for initiating fights or getting out of risky situations.
Personal tip: If you want to read more guides or news about Overwatch 2 or any other games, feel free to visit Guided.News. Looking for an active community and want to keep up to date at the same time? Then feel free to join our new Discord server or visit us on Facebook, we are looking forward to you!