One of the four classes in Warhammer 40k: Darktide is the Veteran class, and we present you the best build if you want to play as a Veteran. We’ll show you the best build to level up and a selection of weapons we recommend, in addition to the end-game build.
What it’s about: Last time we introduced you to the Psyker class and its build. Today we’ll take a closer look at the Veteran class and show you which build is the best for the endgame and for leveling. We’ll also present our selection of weapons that best suit the Veteran.
- Never miss guides and news for Warhammer 40k: Darktide again — Guided Social Media
Best Build for the Veteran Class in Warhammer 40k: Darktide -Endgame & Leveling
As a veteran – the sniper in Darktide – you play a lot in ranged combat and try to keep an overview of the battlefield. We’ll show you what the sniper’s abilities are and how to get the best build for leveling and the endgame.
The Veteran Class at a Glance
Before we show you the best build for the endgame, we will briefly introduce the class and its abilities.
Class Ability – Volley Fire: Each class has a main ability. With the Veteran Sniper, you transition into a ranged stance for 4 seconds and immediately equip your ranged weapon. Additionally, you designate nearby non-Ogryn elite and specialist enemies as priority targets. While in this stance, you deal 50% more ranged damage.
Iconic Abilities: The Veteran class in Darktide has only two iconic abilities. For the Veteran, these are as follows:
- Make Every Shot Count: Increases your weak point damage by 15%.
- Be Prepared: Increases ammo reserves for all ranged weapons by 40%.
Aura Ability – Scavenger Hunt: You and nearby players will receive a small amount of ammo when one of you incapacitates an elite enemy.
- Also interesting: Warhammer 40k Darktide: 10 Tips for Newbies & Beginners Guide
This is the Best Endgame Build for the Veteran Class in Darktide
Now we’ve kept you in suspense long enough and present you the best build for the veteran in the endgame. You have a total of 6 abilities that you can distribute. Starting at level 5, you unlock a new ability every fifth level.
- Level 5 – Exhilarating Takedown: 20% toughness is restored when you take out an enemy with a ranged weak point hit.
- Level 10 – Demolition Stockpile: Every 45 seconds, one of your grenades is restocked.
- Level 15 – Bio-Optic Targeting: Volley Fire designates non-Ogryn elites and specialists as priority targets for all players near you.
- Level 20 – Duck and Dive: Dodge, sprint, or slide to avoid ranged attacks grants you 20% stamina.
- Level 25 – Deadshot: You have a 25% increased critical hit chance and 60% stagger reduction, but lose 10% stamina per second when using the weapon in alternate fire mode.
- Level 30 – Counterfire: 25% more weak point damage during the Volley Fire ability. Volley Fire also now designates all Scab Shooters as primary targets, and defeating a marked enemy during Volley Fire resets the duration.
This is the Best Leveling Build for the Veteran Class in Darktide
Now that you know what the best end-game build looks like, let’s show you what the best leveling build is. This will get you to level 30 faster and allow you to use all of your abilities.
- Level 5 – At Arm’s Length: Restores 7.5% toughness per second as long as you are at least 8 meters away from an enemy.
- Level 10 – Sniper: Deals up to 25% more damage depending on the distance between you and the target.
- Level 15 – Bio-Optic Targeting: Here we use the same ability as in the endgame build.
- Level 20 – Camo Expert: If you stand still, enemies are significantly less likely to attack you.
- Level 25 – Frag Storm: Grenades cause 2 stacks of bleeding to all enemies hit by them.
- Level 30 -Counterfire: Again, staying true to the ability from the endgame build.
YouTuber ItalianSpartacus has summarized the level and end-game build in a detailed video.
These are the Best Weapons for the Veteran Class in Warhammer 40k: Darktide
To complete your experience as a veteran, we’ll give you a brief overview of the best weapons for the veteran class. You should already know the meaning of all weapon attributes, values, and perks.
Best Ranged Weapons: This build does not require any special weapon. Theoretically, you can use any ranged weapon you want. We have already compiled a list of all weapons for you.
- Braced Autogun
- MG Ia Infantry Lasgun
- Bolt Gun
Best Melee Weapons: You can’t really go wrong with melee weapons either. Nevertheless, we have put together our three favorites.
- Power Sword
- Tactical Axe
|More about Warhammer 40k: Darktide|
Tip: Try out all possible combinations yourself. You can reassign or swap your perks and abilities at any time. Try to find the best combination for you.