Diablo Immortal will be released on June 2, 2022 for iOS and Android smartphones and PC. We’ll tell you what classes you can choose from and what abilities they have.
The latest Diablo spin-off takes place between the events of Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction and Diablo 3 and offers you 6 different classes to choose from. Franchise veterans will be familiar with the classes from other games, but we’re going to take a look at all 6 available classes, what their abilities are, and what playstyle they’re suited for.
- Demon Hunter
Good to know: In contrast to the previous Diablo parts, you can simply switch classes in between. Your Paragorn levels are preserved and your item sets adapt to the class. However, this feature should only be added sometime after the release.
Ability Note: At the start of your adventure, your class has a primary ability that does not cost resources or have a cooldown. A standard attack. In the first few levels, you then unlock additional secondary abilities that cost resources such as Mana or Anger, and are not always usable. New are “Ultimate Attacks” of the primary skills, which charge over time and can be used at the push of a button.
All classes in Diablo Immortal
This is the Barbarian: The Barbarian is a typical melee fighter in Diablo and always right in the middle of the carnage. He can take on the role of a tank but is more known for dealing damage.
These are his Skills: The Barbarian has 2 primary abilities and additional secondary ones that are unlocked as the game progresses.
- Lacerate (Primary | Level 1): Attacks multiple times in melee, healing you for 15% of the damage dealt every 3 attacks. Ultimate: For the next 12 seconds, heal for 20% of damage with each hit and knock down enemies with every 3 hits.
- Frenzy (Primary | Level 34): You attack with a frenzied attack, increasing your attack speed by 8% for 3 seconds with each hit. This effect stacks up to 5 times. Ultimate: You are even faster and unstoppable for 12 seconds.
- Hammer of the Ancients (Secondary): You smash your enemies right in front of you.
- Chained Spear (Secondary): Deals damage and pulls enemies towards you.
- Whirlwind (Secondary): You spin like a whirlwind, damaging nearby enemies.
Other known Barbarian secondary abilities:
- Ancient Spear
- Furious Charge
- Ground Stomp
- Wrath of the Berserker
This is the Crusader: Crusaders are the Knights of the Holy Light in the Diablo universe. Equipped with a thick shield and a one-handed weapon, they can withstand significantly more than any other class in Immortal. They serve primarily as a tank and are always at the front.
These are his Skills: The Crusader has 2 primary abilities and additional secondary abilities that are unlocked as the game progresses.
- Punish (Primary | Level 1): Attacks an enemy in front of you, increasing your block chance by 30% for 2 seconds. Ultimate: Your ability hits all enemies in front of you for the next 12 seconds.
- Sacred Fire (Primary | Level 34): Deals Fire damage to an enemy and 25% of the damage to all enemies in front of you. Ultimate: You deal increased damage for 12 seconds and gain a 1% damage buff per kill that lasts 4 minutes and stacks 10 times.
- Conjuration of Light (Secondary): Makes allies invulnerable for 3 seconds.
- Judgment (Secondary): Damages and slows enemies.
- Spinning Shield (Secondary): Hits enemies several meters in front of you, pulling them towards you.
Other known Crusader secondary abilities:
- Blessed Shield
- Falling Sword
- Shield Charge
- Sweep Attack
This is the Demon Hunter: Demon Hunters are the Archers in Diablo. They are quick, deal high ranged damage with their bows and crossbows, but don’t last much.
These are his Skills: The demon hunter has 2 primary abilities and additional secondary ones that are unlocked as the game progresses.
- Crossbow-Shot (Primary | Level 1): Fires a bolt at an enemy in front of you. Ultimate: Fires a volley of arrows for 12 seconds and increases your movement speed.
- Explosive Arrow Shot (Primary | Level 34): Fires an explosive arrow that deals damage to all nearby enemies on impact. Ultimate: Replaces arrows with bolas for 12 seconds, dealing increased damage and knocking back enemies.
- Rain of Vengeance (Secondary): Arrows rain down on enemies in a selected area.
- Knockback Shot (Secondary): A bolt of lightning knocks enemies away, dealing damage.
- Multishot (Secondary): A volley of arrows that deal 360% weapon damage to all enemies in the area of effect.
Other known demon hunter secondary abilities:
- Daring Swing
- Rain of Vengeance
- Unleash Hatred
This is the Monk: In Diablo, Monks are close-ranged combatants that focus more on supporting a group. Played correctly, they cause very high damage, can heal and at the same time share useful buffs with the group.
These are his Skills: The monk has 2 primary abilities and additional secondary ones that are unlocked as the game progresses.
- Thunderfist (Primary | Level 1): Teleports you to a nearby enemy and attacks them with multiple punches. Ultimate: For 12 seconds, you cause additional thunderstorms on a kill, dealing damage and knocking back enemies.
- Lethal Reach (Primary | Level 34): Deals high damage to an enemy and further damage to enemies behind it. Ultimate: Additional knockbacks for 12 seconds with each hit.
- Wave of Light (Secondary): An area attack.
- Cyclone Strike (Secondary): Spins around, pulling enemies in and dealing damage.
- Flying Kick (Secondary): Jumps between enemies 7 times, dealing damage.
Other known secondary abilities of the Monk:
- Eye of the Storm
- Imprisoned Fists
- Lightning Flux
- Seven-Sided Strike
- Wave Strike
This is the Necromancer: Necromancers are mages dedicated to the dark arts. They use their power to summon strong, undead allies and act either at range or in close combat. Necromancers are versatile and use their pets to distract from themselves.
These are his Skills: The Necromancer has 2 primary abilities and more secondary ones that are unlocked as the game progresses.
- Bone Spear (Primary | Level 1): Throws a bone spear at an enemy, dealing damage. Deals 50% of the original damage to two additional targets behind the first enemy. Ultimate: Not known yet.
- Soulfire (Primary | Level 34): Throws a magic orb at enemies and explodes with AoE damage. 100% damage goes to the first enemy, 25% damage goes to all surrounding ones.
- Command Golen (Secondary): Summons a large golem that is primarily used as a tank.
- Corpse Explosion (Secondary): Causes nearby corpses of defeated enemies to explode.
- Skeleton Mage (Secondary): Summons a Skeleton Mage that stays in place and attacks enemies.
Other known Necromancer secondary abilities:
- Bone Armor
- Bone Spikes
- Bone Spirits
- Command Skeletons
- Corpse Lance
- Grim Scythe
- Skeletal Spikes
This is the Sorcerer: Sorcerers are typical ranged fighters that deal high damage from afar with various magical attacks. They don’t last much, but they can also slow down opponents.
These are his Skills: The Sorcerer has 2 primary abilities and other secondary abilities that are unlocked as the game progresses.
- Magic Missile (Primary | Level 1): Damages a target in front of you. Ultimate: Frost missiles add increased damage and slow enemies for 12 seconds.
- Electrocute (Primary | Level 34): Deals damage to the first enemy and arcs to 3 more with 30% of the damage. Ultimate: Hits multiple targets for 12 seconds and allows your character to run at the same time.
- Meteor (Secondary): A large meteor falls from the sky, dealing AoE damage.
- Teleport (Secondary): Teleports you forward a few meters.
- Lightning Nova (Secondary): Deals lightning damage around you.
Other known secondary abilities of the caster:
- Arcane Wind
- Black Hole
- Ice Crystal
- Ray of Frost
As soon as we learn more about the individual skills of the 6 classes in Diablo Immortal, we will revise our article.