The new Elden Ring Update 1.03 has been released and brings a whole truckload of new and improved content. Among other things, you can now meet new NPCs in the open world and new steps in the quests. We show you what else awaits you in the patch notes.
The update at a glance: The latest Elden Ring update not only brings fixes and improvements for existing content. For example, some much too strong mechanics have been toned down. There are also new additions, including a new NPC and new as well as improved questlines of the well-known AI cardboard companions.
The update will be released on March 17, 2022 for the following platforms:
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X|S
- Steam (PC)
Elden Ring Update 1.03 – These are the biggest changes in the patch notes
Who is the new NPC? The biggest feature of patch 1.03 might be the new NPC. His name is Jar-Bairn and he is a young clay pot, as you will find for example in the Alexander quest.
You can find Jar-Bairn at Jarburg in the west of the Liurnia Lake Lands. The pot asks you if he can see your hands and tells you that they are not really soft. Complete his questline, and you’ll get the Jar Talisman, which increases the potency of your cast potions.
New quest levels and markers: Even the old familiar NPC friends now have something new for you to do. Thus, some quests have been expanded by various levels. These NPCs now have new tasks for you:
- Nepheli Loux
- Kenneth Haight
- Gatekeeper Gostoc
To make it easier for you to find your AI friends and enemies, there are new markers. You will see a small new icon on the map when you are about to interact with an NPC.
These balance changes are in the update
More Forge Stones: There is good news for newcomers to Elden Ring: update 1.03 increases the drop rate of forge stones, which you need to upgrade your weapons. Also, you can now buy new forge stones in the very first store, which was not possible before Elden Ring Patch 1.03.
Buffed abilities and spells:
- Damage increased for Spark Aromatic & Poison Spraymist.
- Increased damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
- Increased damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spray.
- The effect duration for the following items increased:
- Spark Aromatic
- Poison Spraymist
- Reduced FP consumption and increased damage for the following spells:
- Glintstone Cometshard
- Night Comet
- Increased the damage of the following spells:
- Gravity Well
- Collapsing Stars
- Crystal Barrage
Nerfed abilities and spells:
- Reduced damage to Ashes of War and Hoarfrost Stomper and increased cast time.
- Damage from Weapon Skill, Sword of Night, and Flame has been reduced.
- Damage from Spirits summoned with the Imitate Ashes item has been reduced and the behavior pattern of the Spirits has been changed.
|More about Elden Ring
Bugfixes in the Elden Ring Patch 1.03
- Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
- Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.
- Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
- Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
- Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
- In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
- Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
- Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.
- Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.
- Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
- Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
- Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.
- Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight’s Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
- Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell.
- Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch.
- Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
- Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
- Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
- Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies.
- Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.
- Text fixes.
- Other performance improvement and bug fixes.