The new Overwatch 2 update on October 13 improves the ranking system, brings hero customization & new old maps. We now present you all the news & changes that the patch notes of the Overwatch 2 update 3.38 reveal.
The update at a glance: The focus of the new Overwatch 2 update is the ranking system, which the developers want to have improved. In addition, there are also many adjustments in terms of heroes and game mechanics. Bugs and the like are also on the developers’ hit list, of course. Last but not least, the Overwatch 2 update 3.38 from October 13 brings new old maps, which players had to miss in the map pool so far.
- Don’t miss anything else about Overwatch 2 & Co. by following Guided.news on social media!
Competitive Update 2.0 – New Ranks & Boost in Overwatch 2 Ranked
In an official statement within the patch notes for the update, the developers admit to a dramatic error in Ranked. For days, they had received messages from pro players who had not been ranked higher than silver. Internally, they then actually discovered, “Damn, our ranking system in Overwatch 2 is broken.” Blizzard has now screwed with that and promises that many players should see a drastic increase in their rank:
Many players were ranked too low in the first week of Overwatch 2. That’s why we’ve added a boost that should ensure that affected players rise faster. […] Players who are not yet ranked will not be affected by this problem at all in the future.
The fact that you are not advancing is not necessarily due to a broken ranking system — of course we dont want to intend a low skill. But still, maybe you simply need one of these 10 pro tips to rank up faster in Overwatch 2. The right choice of heroes can also be crucial.
Two New Maps in Overwatch 2 – Numbani & Necropolis
So far, two maps from the first Overwatch have been missing and players have really missed them. With the Overwatch 2 update in October, the maps Numbani and Necropolis should finally be playable again. Still missing are maps like Havana or Rialto. At least we get two maps back:
- Numbani: A map set in Africa. You play inside a modern city, which is highly mechanized.
- Necropolis: This map is also set in Africa, more precisely in Egypt, and offers a battle around the tomb of a pharaoh.
Hero Changes for Zenyatte and Kiriko in Update 3.38
In this patch, the developers further adjust two heroes that seemed to be too strong when played as a combo. The two heroes are the healers Zenyatta and Kiriko:
- Kiriko adjustments: The Achievement “Yokai” is no longer affected by a bug blocking it. Fixed bug that caused you to end up under the map after using Swift Step.
- Zenyatta Adjustments: Kiriko’s Ultimate ability no longer gives Zenyatta an attack speed bonus.
|More about Overwatch 2|
More Changes & Bug Fixes in Overwatch 2 Update in October
- Fixed an issue with the Report interface on console
- Fixed a bug on PlayStation involving the inability to purchase other items in the store after a refund of another item
- Fixed an issue where Legacy credits were not the default currency selected for purchases in the Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug where some Heroic emotes/poses were incorrectly locked and priced
- Fixed items in the Hero Gallery that were not able to be purchased
- Fixed an issue with the Spectator Options and made clicking in that menu more responsive
- Resolved a bug with low resolution shop images displaying small on some platforms
- Fixed an issue that caused the entire client to appear out of focus
- Fixed a bug where Hero Unlock Challenges were not incrementing properly in Total Mayhem
- Fixed the Challenge ‘System-Wide Malfunction’ not correctly incrementing
- Fixed Challenges ‘Classy Flex’ and ‘Flex Your Power’ not progressing while in a Group
- Fixed a bug with some Challenges not correctly showing up during the end of game flow
- Resolved a bug where leaving Skirmish could cause Challenge progress to be lost
- Fixed an issue where adjusting Render Scale to any value would cause graphical corruption
- Fixed a bug where depth of field would remain active in gameplay and leave your screen blurry
- Fixed a bug with camera placement in captured Highlights
- General Stability Updates