A broken bone in DayZ can quickly spell your demise, so in this guide we’ll show you how to build a splint in DayZ, properly care for your break, and give it a healing boost.
Leg breaks in DayZ: Those who have played the mod in the past or have experienced the beginnings of the standalone will be familiar with leg breaks. You can only move around dragging or crawling. The broken bones will show up as a small broken bone in the toolbar of your HUD. We’ll tell you how to heal and avoid them.
- Never miss anything about DayZ & Co. again — Guided-Social-Media
How to build a splint in DayZ & heal your fracture
In the DayZ mod and also at the beginning of DayZ Standalone you could heal a broken bone with morphine. This is no longer possible. Instead, you need a splint, which is a splint. You craft this as follows:
Craft a splint in DayZ:
- Open your inventory
- Pull the sticks into your hand
- Now drag the cloth scraps or the bandage to your hand to the field “combine”.
- Your inventory will close by itself.
- Scroll, this is how you switch through the different crafting options
- Once you have found the “splint” or “cotter pin”, hold down left click.
How long does a bone stay broken? In our tests we came to the following results:
- Heal without taking damage: Approx. 15 minutes
- Healing with suffering damage: 25 – 30 minutes
Accelerate healing of the broken bone with food & medicine
How to heal your fracture: With a split pin, you can run indefinitely, but not sprint. In addition, the fracture status does not simply disappear after use. Rather, you have to cure your bone. In order for a broken bone to heal in DayZ, you must reach the following levels:
- 2600 Water
- 4000 Energy
- Full Blood (5,000)
- Full Life (5.000)
Of course, you can’t see these values without a debug monitor. Basically, you just need to drink a lot, eat, and not take any more damage. You will have to endure this situation longer depending on whether you are wearing a split pin or not.
In DayZ Vanilla, it then takes around 30 – 40 minutes for the broken bone to heal. However, this only applies if you are wearing a splint. Without it, it takes around 70 minutes, which is twice as long.
|Spannende Neuigkeiten zu DayZ|
Bone fracture in DayZ explained: Useful tips for survival
When does a fracture occur? Leg fractures occur mainly due to a fall from a great height. But damage from other players, infected or wild animals can also cause broken bones. Even multiple falls from relatively low heights can cause your bones to give way — so don’t mess around. Because unlike before, the whole thing is no longer calculated at random. On the other hand, your bones have their own invisible health bar. If it empties to a critical point, your legs will break.
In our tests, however, it turns out that these bone HP renew extremely fast, of course only before a break. Healing a real bone fracture takes much longer. The weight you carry also plays a big role. The heavier you are, the easier it is to break your leg in a fall.
Things to know about broken bones and splints in DayZ
- Driving with broken bones: Not only can you still drive with a broken bone, you can still climb over low obstacles. However, you should avoid fights, especially in close combat. Without a splint, you’ll be sent to the boards by every hit and you’ll have to pick yourself up first, impossible to win a fight like that.
- No further bone fracture: If you wear a split pin, you cannot suffer any further fracture. However, you can’t put on a splint preventively to avoid breaking anything. It is only possible if you already have broken legs.
- This difference is made by the height: At a height of 1 to 3 meters almost nothing happens. From 4 meters your bone HP slowly decreases. If you jump very often from this height, your legs will break. This continues until about 10 meters, only after that a bone fracture becomes almost unavoidable. Nevertheless, it can happen that you do not suffer a fracture even from 12 meters. This is rare, but possible. The whole thing becomes fatal from a height of 14 meters.