If you want to develop your necromantic abilities while playing the game, there are many ways to do so. One useful option is talking to corpses to get information. In this guide, we will show you how to get the necklace to speak with the dead, namely the Amulet of Lost Voices in Baldur’s Gate 3.
If you get the Amulet of Lost Voices, you will get a certain advantage and will be able to find answers to the questions you need faster. Check out the information below to learn where to get this item and how to use it.
How to Get Amulet of Lost Voices in Baldur’s Gate 3
It’s not an easy task, as you’ll face many enemies and bandits on the way, but it’s worth it. The amulet is located in the Overgrown Ruins location, specifically in the Dank Crypt. To get there, you can use the following path:
- Enter Ancient Door, using Thieves’ Tools, or Heavy Key, which can be found in Dank Crypt at the following coordinates: X:-312 Y:-252.
- To the south of the chapel entrance, you can find a statue as well as a crane holding a foundation stone. Use your ranged weapon to make the stone fall to the ground and pierce the ground to create a hole that you can use to continue on to the Refectory.
- In the Refectory, you’ll need to find and interact with the lever behind the statue in one of the rooms to open the locked door.
- Entering this door will take you to the Dank Crypt, where you will need to find a button and press it to enter the crypt. Here are the coordinates of the button: X:-299 Y:-230.
- Once inside the crypt, you will be able to find the amulet in the chest to the right of the sarcophagus with Withers in it.
How to Use Amulet of Lost Voices in Baldur’s Gate 3
Finally, after obtaining the desired Amulet of Lost Voices, you will be able to speak with the dead without any additional spells. To use it, you just need to approach the corpse and interact with it with the help of the item. Nevertheless, there are several conditions for using the amulet, namely:
- Not all corpses will talk to you, and there are two reasons for this. The first is that they simply don’t want to. The second is that the corpse is too damaged and nothing will happen by interacting with it. All corpses that can be revived by the amulet will be marked with a green aura around them.
- If the corpse does decide to talk to you, you can only ask him 5 questions. They can relate to different things, such as information for completing a quest or simply learning more about the deceased.
- You can use the amulet only once a day, so choose the corpse you want to talk to carefully, because even if it doesn’t answer you, you will still lose your daily charge. You can restore the amulet’s charge with a long rest.
And if you are looking for more information about this game, make sure to check our guide on how to activate the split screen in Baldur’s Gate 3.