In Baldur’s Gate 3, the magic mirror allows you to modify your character’s appearance even after the game has started. Our guide reveals its location, and we also provide solutions in case the mirror doesn’t work.
Here’s what our guide includes:
- Locations of the magic mirror in Acts 1-3.
- What to do if the magic mirror isn’t functioning.
All Locations of the Magic Mirror in Baldur’s Gate 3
In Baldur’s Gate 3, you can adjust your character’s appearance mid-game, but not your companions’. The developers have added a magic mirror for this purpose, which you can find in your camp. It’s somewhat hidden, so we disclose its location in each act.
You can easily locate the magic mirror in your camp using the map. A golden icon indicates its position:
Magic Mirror in BG3 Acts 1 to 3
The magic mirror is always in your camp. While you might find different camps when resting at certain locations, we show you the positions of the most frequently visited camps from Acts 1 to 3. For other camps, look for the golden mirror icon.
- In Act 1 of Baldur’s Gate 3, the magic mirror is in the southeast of your camp, amidst the ruins.
- In Act 2, you’ll find the mirror near your personal chest, especially if you’re camping at the Last Light Inn.
- In Act 3, the mirror is either in the barn next to your sleeping spot or, if you’re staying at the inn, in the room of Wyll and Shadowheart.
If the Magic Mirror in BG3 Isn’t Working, Here’s What You Can Do
If you’re having trouble interacting with the magic mirror in Baldur’s Gate 3 or if the menu isn’t functioning properly, your installed mods are a likely cause. Disabling them should resolve the issue.
If you’ve never installed mods and the mirror still doesn’t work, unfortunately, there’s not much you can do. You might have to wait for further developer support or try restarting the game. We’ve also encountered a problem where we could access the menu to adjust our character, but couldn’t exit it. In this case, restarting the game helped.