In this guide, we will tell you how to enter the Rosymorn Monastery and solve the puzzle that it has in Baldur’s Gate 3. It is one of the locations you will visit at the end of Act 1.
Before you start solving the puzzle in this monastery, you need to get inside and open it so that you can move around the location. When you get to the Rosymorn Monastery, you will find that the doors are closed. So next, we will tell you about all the steps you need to take to solve this task.
How to Enter the Rosymorn Monastery in Baldur’s Gate 3
For this, do the following:
- First, step away from the door and exit the courtyard. Then turn around and face the door. You will be able to see a passage to the left, go there until you see the rocks.
- Then use the “jump” to jump down. Next, you need to turn around and follow this path until you come across a rock that will block your way.
- Next to the rock that blocks your way, there are vines. Climb up them and go to the destroyed fountain next to which there is a breach in the wall.
- Go through the break in the wall and jump to the other wall. Follow it and enter the corridor where there is an enchanted door. After that, at the end of the corridor turn left.
- After you have passed the corridor, you will find yourself in a very interesting hall. We will tell you more about it later. In this hall, there is a broken window through which you need to climb and come to a place with a broken floor.
- When you get to this place you will see a passage further down. To get down there we recommend you use a spell that gives you resistance to fall damage or a teleportation/flying scroll.
- When you get down to the main hall, here you will see the door, and next to it, there will be a lever that will allow you to open it.
Another way to get to the Rosymorn Monastery is to use the broken window in the courtyard to the left of the entrance to the monastery. But then you’ll have to fight all the enemies we’ll describe below.
How to Solve a Puzzle in Rosymorn Monastery in Baldur’s Gate 3
Once you have opened the door it’s time to start solving the puzzle. To do this you need to return to the hall from which you came to the passage downstairs. When you return and look carefully in the corner you will be able to notice a small secret room. To enter it you need to collect all the ceremonial items and place them on the altars. There are four altars in the room, but one of them already has a Longsword on it, so you only need to find the other three items.
- The first item needed is the Ceremonial Battleaxe. Go back to the corridor where you saw the enchanted door. After that, you need to open this door. To do this, you will need the character with the highest dexterity in your party. Now use Thief’s Tools and the door will open. It’s worth noting that you can’t break the door with magic, as it has a spell on it.
- After you open the door you will find that the passage is blocked, and in the room, there is a Guardian of Faith. Killing him will give you the Ceremonial Battleaxe. Until you hit him, he will be passive, which will allow you to prepare for the attack. To kill him easily, use ranged attacks and just shoot him from the corridor. When the enemy is defeated, sneak into the room and get the Ceremonial Battleaxe.
- The second item needed is the Ceremonial Battlehammer. It can be found on the floor above. Opposite the enchanted door, you will see vines that you can use to climb up. Once you climb up, you will see the Ancient Eagle and the Giant Eagle guarding the weapon. Unfortunately, there is no way to negotiate with them, so you will have to defeat them. During the battle, you will need to take a good position because your opponents have an ability that can throw you into the abyss. The main danger is that they will call other giant eagles who will be there waiting for you.
- The last item is a Ceremonial Mace. You can find it downstairs, where all the drunk kobolds are. You can easily defeat them using fire spells. The fact is that because of the alcohol in their bellies, kobolds will explode after contact with fire. There will also be barrels of alcohol in the room that can be blown up to destroy enemies. After the battle, you will be able to loot a mace from one of them.
- Once back, put the items you found on the altars. After that, you will find the same room inside which you will find the Note of the next Dawnmaster and Dawnmaster`s Crest.
And while you are here, make sure to check our guide on how to unlock the Refectory locked door in Baldur’s Gate 3.