During the faction quests in Starfield that you’ll need to complete for Ryujin Industries, one of your missions will be Access is Key. In it, Imogene Salzo will tell you that you need to get hold of something that the Security Chief has, so we made a guide for you on how to get the Security Keycard in Starfield.
In addition to being asked to obtain a Security Keycard, you will also be given certain conditions to fulfill. The game allows you to complete this task in a variety of ways, so follow our guide to learn about a few of them.
How to Find the Security Keycard in Starfield
After you talk to Imogene Salzo, you will be tasked with taking over the Security Keycard that the Security Chief has. The special condition for this task is that you cannot use weapons and kill. In addition, Imogene Salzo will tell you that creative ways to accomplish the task will be especially appreciated, such as stealing the key, or dressing up as the Security Chief and snatching the keycard. Regardless of which way you choose, it will not affect the outcome of the quest.
Even though you’ve been told not to use weapons, you can still complete this task this way. To do this, you will need to do the following:
- Use the star map to go to Hope Town, which is located in the Polvo in Valo System.
- There you will need to find the Security Officer at the Hope Town Security Base.
- You can kill her and get the Security Keycard from her. Note that choosing this method will result in a 250 credit penalty to your future paycheck.
Another way to get a Security Keycard from the Chief of Security is more creative:
- Buy a form from the Ryujin Industries Product Store, which is located at the entrance of Ryujin Tower. Find a vendor named Aito Suzuki and buy a Corpo Boardroom Suit from him for 641 credits.
- You need this to be able to convince the Security Chief to give you the map, and this suit will also give you +5% to your Persuasion.
- Now you just need to find the Neon Security Head at Neon Security and talk to her. We recommend that you save quickly before the dialog so that you have more tries if you don’t succeed in persuading her the first time.
Alternatively, you can just steal a Security Keycard from one of the Paradiso Security Chiefs. To do this, you need to have a certain pickpocketing skill, and if you’re lucky enough you can get it. Or you can just pay him 3000 credits to take the item for yourself. We recommend that you save before stealing so that you can try again if you fail.
By the way, if you are looking for more content like this, feel free to read our guide on how to search Kryx’s cell for information in Starfield.