The Azoth staff is one of the necessary items in New World if you want to start expeditions and various events. Our guide tells you how to get one and how to use it.
This is the Azoth Staff: The Azoth Staff is an object with which you can beat corrupted portals, breaches, and monoliths. These are random events that can vary in difficulty.
How to prepare: To complete the quest in one go, you need a few items:
- 5 x Silver Ingots
- 3 x Water
- 3 x Petalcap
- 3 x Rivercress Stem
How to get the Azoth Staff in New World
To get the Azoth Staff, you must follow your main story until you are sent to the west of Windsward. There you have to complete all quests of the hermit angler “Yonas the Hermit”.
However, you shouldn’t rush this series of quests and continue leveling until you reach level 20.
This happens in the quest series: The quest series from Yonas then leads you through all of Aeturnum. You must defeat many opponents, collect objects, and craft items—typical New World Quest design. At the end of the row, you must fight against the level 20 Forgemaster Ezra at the Amrine Temple to forge the Azoth staff on the shattered obelisk.
The New World Azoth Staff Quest in detail
The First Component
- Location: Traitor’s Hold (Monarch’s Bluffs)
- Task: Find the Haft of the staff in a sea cave in the north of Monarch’s BluffAfter talking to Yonas Alazar, the fisherman in Windsward, he sends you off to find the Haft of the staff. Go to the neighboring country of Monarch’s Bluff and run to the pirates in the north of the coast. You will find the Traitor’s Hold Cave and the Haft in a box.
- Location: Canary Mine (Everfall)
- Task: Destroy 3 Corrupted Tendrils and 2 Clotting Carapaces
Yonas sends you to the quest giver Adiana Theron, where you must complete further quests for the time being. She will send you to the neighboring Canary Mine to fight the corruption blocking her Azoth Fountain. You have to kill 3 Corrupted Tendrils that deal enormous damage and 2 Clotting Carapaces—red and black objects that you find in the mine and explode when dead.
Weakness Of The Ego
- Location: Everfall
- Task: Craft 3 Corruption Tinctures
In this quest, you must get 3x water, Petalcap, and Rivercress Stem. It is best to find in the First Light area. Then you create the Corrupted Tincture 3 times at an Arcane Repository. Then take the tinctures back to Adriana.
Argent and Ather
- Location: Amrine Temple (Windsward)
- Task: Visit the Amrine Temple in Windsward and craft the second part of the stick
Yonas sends you to Windsward, more precisely to the Amrine Temple east of the city. You are supposed to make the second part of the staff with 5 Silver Ingots. But watch out, the Forge at the temple is guarded by The Forgemaster Ezra, a mini-boss.
Forge Your Azoth Staff
- Location: Shattered Obelisk (Everfall)
- Task: Go to the Shattered Obelisk and forge the Azoth staff
Southeast of the city of Everfall you will find the Shattered Obelisk. Enter the Obelisk from the south entrance and connect the two halves of the staff to form the Azoth Staff. Then return to Yonas the Hermit to hand in the quest.
|More about New World|
How To Upgrade from Tier 1 to Tier 5
To be able to upgrade your Azoth Staff from Tier 1 to Tier 5, you need to progress in the main storyline. Here are the Quest lines that will unlock each upgrade for your Azoth Staff:
- Tier 1: Forge your Azoth Staff – Level 23 – Quest starts at Yonas Alazar in Windsward
- Tier 2: Covenant Commitment – Level 29 – Quest starts at Émile d’Aquitane in Brightwood
- Tier 3: The Alliance – Level 38 – Quest starts at Rima Bahar in Cutlass Keys
- Tier 4: Race for the Box – Level 50 – Quest starts at Rima Bahar in Eldengrove
- Tier 5: The Tempest’s Heart – Level 60 – Quest starts at Gristle in Shattered Mountain
This is how you use the Staff
This is what the staff is good for: You equip the Azoth staff in an extra slot in your inventory and unlock the expeditions immediately after. Corrupted portals, breaches, and monoliths, that appear randomly in the game world and are marked with red dots on the map, can be closed with the Azoth staff. Closing them brings a lot of experience points. This gives you good equipment, Amrine Tuning Orbs, and Azoth, which you, in turn, need to improve items during crafting, reset your weapon skills from level 20, and for the fast travel function.
These are the expeditions: The first expedition, which you should enter at level 25, is also in Windward, more precisely north of the main settlement of the Area. To enter an expedition, you require the Amrine Tuning Orbs from the corrupted events. However, only one person in the entire group requires using this orb to open the entrance.
You want to join our community and discuss about New World? Then join our Discord server or visit us on Facebook, we are looking forward to you!