Payday 3 is a first-person shooter that is a direct sequel to the legendary series. The game was released on 21 September, but several modifications have already appeared. In this short guide, you will learn how to diversify your gameplay and how to install mods in Payday 3.
You can only do this on a PC. The installation of mods is not much different in both Steam and Epic Games. Below you will find all the necessary steps to install mods.
Payday 3: How to Install Mods
So, to install mods, you first have to set specific Launch Options, let’s see how to do it in both services:
- Go to Steam.
- Open the games library.
- Select Payday 3, right-click on it and choose Properties.
- In the General tab, in the Launch Options line, enter the following command: -fileopenlog.
- Then close the tab.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Go to the Library.
- Select Payday 3, right click and go to the Manage tab.
- Enable the Launch Options setting and type the following command -fileopenlog.
Payday 3 Directory
To install mods, you will have to create a folder in the game content. To do this, you need to find the location where your Payday 3 is stored, here’s how to do it:
- In Steam, go to your game library, select Payday 3, and select Properties. Go to the Installed Files tab and click Browse.
- In the Epic Games Launcher, go to the library, right-click on the game icon, and go to the Manage tab. In the Installation row, click the small folder icon to open the location where the game is installed.
After that, go to the PAYDAY3 folder, then to Content > Paks. There, create a folder called ~mods to have a special place to install any modifications.
Where to Download Payday 3 Mods
Follow the instructions to download various mods for Payday 3:
- Go to the ModWorkshop
- Select the mod you want and download it.
- Make sure you extract the zip file you downloaded.
- Drag and drop the .pak file into the folder you created.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed your first mod for Payday 3. Hopefully, this guide was helpful, and you did it without any problems.