Players who bought the game’s early access edition complain about sound loss, unsynchronized audio, or even its complete absence. No matter how powerful your PC is, this can happen, and in this guide, we’ll show you how to fix audio issue bugs in Starfield.
The long-awaited Starfield was released with a bunch of issues. Sound bugs in such a grand project are the result of mistakes in the game development, although Starfield was rescheduled and the developers should have noticed these problems and fixed them during development. Still, below are some ways that can help you to solve these problems.
How to Fix No Sound & Audio Issue Bugs in Starfield
There are several methods you can use to resolve the sound problem. We do not guarantee 100% that they will work, but according to users on Reddit, there is a chance that they may work:
- Try switching to 3.5 mm. We agree that wired headphones are not the best option to enjoy the game, but this method can still help you.
- Make sure that you installed Starfield on an SSD and not an HDD because only this type of disk will allow the game to work properly. If you installed the game via Steam, go to Steam Settings > Storage > Select Starfield > Move.
- Update the audio drivers on your PC. We recommend installing or updating them only through the official websites of your motherboard.
- Check that you have selected the correct audio output in your system. Open your PC’s settings and select the appropriate speakers or headphones.
- If you have tried everything and the problem remains, try disabling VSync and Motion Blur or lowering the graphics settings. This does not guarantee a fix, but it may improve it a little bit.
If none of these ways helped, just wait for the developers to patch the game in the future. Also, you can submit a request to Steam, Xbox, or the official Bethesda Game Studios website, depending on which platform you play on.
We hope this guide was helpful, and that you were able to solve the sound problems and now enjoy the game. And if you want to read more guides, please check our article on how to travel to Kreet in Starfield.