Dead Island 2 seems to be alive and kicking, and according to the Amazon leak, it could be released on your home console or PC as early as spring 2023. We at Guided.news summarize all the important info from the leak.
What happened? Dead Island 2 has had a checkered development history. Several studios have already been working on the title, and the release window seems to be moving further and further back. However, a listing for the title has now surfaced on Amazon, revealing new information:
- Release for Dead Island 2 soon.
- New images and screenshots.
- Cover art
- Listing of all key features & characters
Dead Island 2 release, story & gameplay – All about the leak.
All Key Features: On the Amazon store page for Dead Island 2, the developers advertise the setting, story and combat. The page is now offline again, but there are plenty of screenshots:
- Game world: Dead Island 2 takes place in Los Angeles and leads you as a player from the suburbs to the Venice Beach promenade by the sea. On your journey you’ll encounter the city’s most iconic locations.
- Combat: The combat in Dead Island 2 is supposed to be more brutal, intense and gore-rich than in the predecessors. There should be enough weapons for everyone, which you can upgrade or modify in the usual Dead Island manner.
- Characters: There are 6 different characters to choose from. Each character has their own dialogues, views and personality, which should increase the replay value. You can customize your character (the so-called slayer) with skill sets. This also allows you to reset and redistribute all skills at any time.
- Zombies: The undead enemies in Dead Island 2 are supposed to look extremely realistic, behave accordingly and react correctly to you and the environment. There are supposed to be countless different zombie variants, all of which have different attacks and abilities. Additionally, there will be “hundreds of Los Angeles-like variants.”
When will Dead Island 2 be released? According to the Amazon store page for the game, Dead Island 2 is set to release as early as February 03, 2023. That seems unusually accurate to still pass as a placeholder. With a placeholder date, you’re usually more likely to find 12/31/20XX. However, developers and Amazon usually do without a date altogether when a release period is outstanding.
New screenshots & cover art for Dead Island 2.
The Amazon leak not only presented the latest features of the zombie-shredder. You can marvel at many new images. These screenshots impressively show how pretty the walking dead can look on the latest hardware.
New information about Dead Island 2 at gamescom / Opening Night Live?
On August 23, Opening Night Live will kick off this year’s GamesCom in Cologne. The show will be hosted, as last in 2019, by Geoff Keighley, who will announce many new trailers and projects. Here, for example, there is news about the upcoming story DLC of Dying Light 2, called “Bloody Ties”.
Where there’s room for one zombie action game, there’s room for a second. If we do get news about Dead Island 2 during Opening Night Live, you’ll find out at Guided.news and via our social media channels (via Linktree).