A new update 12.9.2 for Escape From Tarkov was released a few hours ago. The new version does not have a release date yet. We have all the content ready for you!
This is the update: The latest Escape From Tarkov Update 12.9.2 contains several bug fixes and important quality-of-life changes (QoL for short). To avoid confusion, it should be said that this is a patch or hotfix, not a major update.
|More News & Guides about Tarkov
Escape From Tarkov Update 12.9 & 12.9.2
That brought 12.9: With the last major update 12.9, the popular Woods map was expanded. This is now a good 60 percent larger than before. In addition to new camps and loot options, you should pay particular attention to the minefields that are spread across the map. There were also some new weapons and attachments — more about the Update.
Tarkov Update 12.9.2: These are the patch notes
- The “Next” button, which wouldn’t let players get to the main menu after a raid.
- Freeze on the unloading screen in the main menu after a raid.
- Some problems with spawning bots and players.
- Taking damage by players or bots who are using a stationary weapon.
- Bots flying in the air.
- Errors that made it impossible for players to exit the location with the car extract.
- An animation of checking the chamber, which was played for the observer if the player checked the mode of fire.
- Checking the chamber and firing mode, which did not work if the gun did not have a magazine.
- Drop in performance in areas with multiple crafts in the hideout.
- Possibility of spamming with notifications about friend requests.
- Incorrect voice lines for the “Scav Killed” in BEAR 2 and BEAR 3 voices in Tarkov update 12.9.2
- Different volumes of breathing sound during a sprint for different characters.
- Some characters had no breath sounds after the entire stamina scale had been used up.
- The “Get items” button, which was blocked until the game was restarted if the player had previously tried to collect a weapon with no space around it.
- Increased speed of movement in the crouch position in some conditions.
- Crafting skill progress points, which were not gained until the restart of the game.
- No sound of footsteps on metal stairs while moving sideways.
- The progress of the skill “Mag Drills”, was reset after leaving the raid.
- Incorrect calculation of the selling price and commission for the cultist knife.
- Some problems with clipping gear.
- Highlighting the option to report a player on mouseover.
- A contusion timer that showed the wrong time if a player was contused by multiple hits.
- Ability to delete the system chat with messages.
- Shooting, which did not work by pressing the LMB, if the key was previously reassigned.
- The ability to reload weapons in hands with magazines from a backpack and safe container through the context menu during a raid.
- Elite skill level bonuses that did not apply if the elite level was obtained while the player was in the hideout.
- The rain that came through some objects on “Woods” location now fixed with update 12.9.2.
- Simultaneous play of multiple lines in the voice selection screen.
- Fixes for animations, mods and effects of some weapon models.
- Various bugs with collisions on locations.
- Various problems with culling on locations.
- Fixes to various bugs in the game interface.
- Various errors in the game client.
- Various localization edits.
- Errors in the server performance.
- Server optimization [iteration #2].
- Various client optimizations.
Source for the Tarkov update 12.9.2: EFT beta announcer.