Genshin Impact Update 1.3 is getting closer and closer. Now developer miHoYo has announced the exact release and published patch notes. We summarize all information for you.
That’s going on: The co-op RPG Genshin Impact will soon receive its latest update. Version 1.3 not only brings the 5-star character Xiao into play, but also plenty of events.
Genshin Impact 1.3 Release-Times
The release of Genshin Impact 1.3 is imminent:
- The update starts 2021/02/03 06:00:00 (UTC+8)
- The servers should be running again after 5 hours
As compensation for the maintenance work, each player who reached adventure rank 5 receives 300 Primogems. If the work takes longer than 5 hours, each player receives an additional 60 Primogems for each additional hour.
This is the 5-star character Xiao
This is Xiao: Xiao is an adept and the only remaining member of the five yakshas sent by Morax to subdue the demonic spirits that plagued Liyue. He currently lives at the Wangshu Inn, where he isolated himself from crowds and human interactions. He use Anemo as his element and attacks with a polearm.
|More about Genshin Impact
- Normal Attack: Perform up to 6 rapid strikes.
- Heavy Attack: Dive down and impact the ground, causing damage relative to the falling height. Can only be triggered in mid-air.
- Jump-Attack: Falls to the ground, hitting enemies along the way, and dealing AoE damage on impact.
Elemental Skill “Lemniscatic Wind Cycling”: Xiao lunges forward, dealing Anemo DMG to enemies along the path. Can be used in mid-air. Has 2 charges to begin with.
Elemental Burst “Bane of All Evil”: Takes on the form of the yaksha that terrified both demons and archons alike millennia ago. For its duration, increases Xiao’s attack range and DMG, while converting damage type to Anemo and enhancing Xiao’s Jumping Ability. Maintaining this form continuously drains Xiao’s HP.
These are the events with version 1.3
MiHoYo announced the main event and 4 mini-events for version 1.3. They will probably be released one after the other in the course of version 1.3.
This is the main event Lantern Rite: Together with Xiao you will watch the Lantern Festival in Liyue and let lanterns rise. In the meantime, you will probably beat up one or the other troublemaker so that the festival will go off peacefully.
These are the 4 mini-events: In addition to the main event, there will be other small events:
- Stand by Me: At the end of this event, you can choose a 4-star character. What you have to do for it is not really known.
- Five Flushes of Fortune: At this event, you will get to know the photo mode of Genshin Impact better.
- Vishaps and Where to Find Them: You have to study geo-vishaps and fight them.
- Ley Line Overflow: This event is just a loot boost for “Heros wits” from the “prosperity of the elements”.
Patchnotes for Genshin Impact 1.3
New story quests
- After the Version 1.3 update, Xiao’s story quest “Alatus Chapter” will be available.
- More story quests are on the way, so please stay tuned!
New world quests
- A total of 26 festive World Quests will become available over the course of the Lantern Rite event, accessible from “Lantern Rite Tales” on the Events menu.
- A further world quest “Bough Keeper: Dainsleif” will also be added.
Other New Content
- New monsters: Geovishap, Primo Geovishap
- New gadgets: Parametric Transformer: Enhancement Materials can be converted into Character EXP Materials, Character Level-Up Materials, and Weapon Ascension Materials by placing them in the Parametric Transformer to undergo transmutation.
- New achievement “Transmutation Nuclide”
- New consumable: Dust of Azoth can convert the Elemental Type of Character Ascension Materials.
- New recipes: Fullmoon Egg, Vegetarian Abalone, and Stone Harbor Delicacies
- Archive addition “Living Beings”: Records information on enemies defeated and living things caught or discovered. Travelers can consult the Living Beings section of the Archive to view how many times they have defeated different enemies and also review tutorials for certain enemies.
- New conversion function on Crafting Bench: Combining some Character Ascension Materials with Dust of Azoth at a Crafting Bench lets you convert their Elemental Type.
- Travelers’ profile pages now include Achievement progress and a Character Showcase.
- Controller support added for devices running iOS 14 or above. Currently, the following controllers are supported: Xbox Wireless Controller (Bluetooth Version), Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, PlayStation DualShock 4 Wireless Controller, some other Bluetooth Wireless Controllers designed for iOS.
- On the Weapon Enhancement screen, holding the selected material will add it rapidly.
- A quick delete function has been added to the mailbox. Does not delete unread mail or mail with unclaimed attachments.
- New photography method added for the PS4 version. Take a photo and save it to the PS4’s local storage in one single action.
Adjustments & Optimizations
- Adjustments to Zhongli: Adjusts the effect of holding Zhongli’s Elemental Skill “Dominus Lapidis”:
- Adjusts the effect of Zhongli’s second Ascension Talent “Dominance of Earth”:
- Optimizes Mona’s Talent “Illusory Torrent”: When Mona is hit, she can use Illusory Torrent more quickly, as is the case with sprinting for other characters.
- Adds a new idle animation for Kaeya.
- Optimizes Zhongli’s animation under “Weapons” on the Character Screen.
- Resolves issues with Aiming Mode for Bow-wielding characters when obstacles are present nearby, such as character shaking and off-center shots.
- Optimizes precision when firing shots at moving targets.
- Resolves issues of shaky clothing/movements when some characters perform actions such as walking, attacking, skill casting, and sitting.
- Adjusts combat logic for Dendro Slimes: When a Dendro Slime is hiding relatively far from your location, you will not enter combat mode.
- Spiral Abyss: Updates the monster lineup on Floor 12 of the Spiral Abyss.
- Deleted chats will not appear in the chat list.
- Optimizes display order of chat column: After entering team setup in Co-Op Mode, the chat column will automatically switch to the team column.
- Optimizes the display hierarchy when there are multiple overlapping icons on the Map.
- Optimizes UI transparency on mobile devices upon entering Aiming Mode in the Spiral Abyss.
- Optimizes the Kamera gadget for the PS4 version: When equipped, using the Kamera directly stores a screenshot with the UI hidden to the local storage.
- From Version 1.3 onward, extra Fragile Resin rewards will be included in the BP system.
- Removes the Delete button from the Portable Waypoint interface of the open-world map.
- Optimizes the size of the Wind Glider on the Dressing Room screen for certain characters.
- When using a controller, improves the refresh rate when switching between tabs in the Paimon’s Bargains section of the Shop.
- Optimizes the experience of moving the crosshair in Aiming Mode when the frame rate is low.
- Voice-Over Optimization
- The Chinese voice artist for Amber will be changed, and this adjustment will take effect in Version 1.4.
- Adds Chinese voice-over for some characters.
- Adds Japanese voice-over for some characters.
- Adjusts the audio effects for some voice-over on mobile and PC versions.
- Adjustment to the Geo Elemental Resonance “Enduring Rock”
- Geo Shield balance adjustments: Geo Shields are adjusted from having “250% Geo DMG Absorption” to having “150% Physical DMG and Elemental DMG Absorption.”
- Amends the tab for the standard wish “Wanderlust Invocation.” *Only the tab has been changed. The Wish contents and rules remain unchanged.
- Optimizes item source descriptions for Mist Grass Pollen, Mist Grass, and Mist Grass Wick.
- Adjusts descriptions for the materials Fragile Bone Shard, Sturdy Bone Shard, and Fossilized Bone Shard and adds their sources.
- Adds a description for the rules of Elemental Orb drops in the “Test Run” event (the actual mechanics in-game are not affected by this change).