The Serpent Moon Event is currently running in Hunt: Showdown, and the YouTuber Toxic Pancake 88 has found various clues to the 5th boss in the bounty shooter. We’ll explain what these clues are!
This is what it’s about: In Hunt: Showdown from developer Crytek, you go solo or in a small team to hunt down bosses to collect the bounties. Undead creatures oppose you, and other hunters don’t want to share the bounty. There are currently four bosses in Hunt: Showdown, with many players eagerly awaiting the fifth.
YouTuber Toxic Pancake 88 has found a few clues about the 5th boss in the current Serpent Moon event, which don’t even seem so inconclusive:
That speaks for the 5th boss
Crytek has been working on the 5th boss for some time and does not want to comment on details. We don’t have a possible release date yet. We will show you all the points that can be possible clues:
- During the course of the event, you can unlock little lore snippets that give hints about the future.
- For example, Mr. Charry and the Night Seer are said to be holding rituals involving snakes in the new Kingsnake Mine.
- Also the Witch Hunters and Hail Mary, along with the two newest hunters, are trapped in the mine after failing to stop the rituals.
- The documents provide further evidence of a creature in the mine.
- “There was someone – something – in the mine. Deep, trapped. Wailing with grief and anger.”
- “The thing in the Kingsnake Depths came into focus.”
- Ultimately, the creature was described as female and monstrous, with a piercing wail.
- YouTuber Toxic Pancake believes the 5th boss may be reptilian due to the rituals involving the snakes and the community’s desire for a crocodile boss.
- With version 1.9 the sounds in the menu have also been changed. Dripping water is heard again, as well as the growl of a creature that sounds similar to a crocodile.
These are the current bosses
The current bosses in Hunt: Showdown are all modeled after animals.
- The Butcher: A large human creature with a pig’s head.
- The Spider: A huge, spider-like creature.
- The Assassin: A scrawny human form that can also transform into a swarm of insects.
- Scrapbeak: A large human creature similar in stature to the Butcher, but wearing a beak mask and visually resembling a crow.
We will probably find out from Crytek in the near future whether the 5th boss is a reptile-like being. But the indications speak for it. What do you think? Write us your opinion in the comments!