The Hunt Showdown Update 1.5.2 arrived at the live servers a few minutes ago and is therefore available to anyone who dares to go into the bayou without turning left-right, and we have the patch notes for you.
Update at a glance: The current Hunt Showdown Update 1.5.2 was playable on the test servers until a few seconds ago. Now you can play it on the normal live servers too. The update works hard on the horror shooter’s movement. There is also a new weapon, skins and minor adjustments:
Hunt Showdown Update 1.5.2 – These are the patch notes
Developers introduce: The development team fully explained the update in the livestream a few days ago. Since this is over an hour-long, we prefer to summarize the content for you in the short version!
New weapons & custom ammo in update 1.5.2
The weapons: Update 1.5.2 expands the Hunt Showdown arsenal with another sniper variant. You can now purchase the Winfield Centennial Sniper for $ 298.
There is also a new legendary weapon skin that comes directly from the community and ends up in the game with the help of a vote. This is the Mosin Nagant “Bears Tooth”. By the way, it’s free in the shop for a short time, so be quick!
New Custom Ammo: The second wave of Custom Ammo is coming to the game with Hunt Update 1.5.2 and the following weapons benefit from it:
- Caldwell Rival 78 – Penny Shot Custom Ammo.
- Specter 1882 – Penny Shot Custom Ammo.
- Caldwell Conversion Uppercut – Added Explosive Custom Ammo.
- Winfield 1887 Terminus – Slug Custom Ammo.
- Crown & King Auto-5 – Slug Custom Ammo.
- When firing, however, you have to expect a greatly increased recoil
- Sparks LRR – Full Metal Jacket Custom Ammo
Changes to the Movement
Camera wiggle removed: This message shot through the Hunt Showdown Reddit like a Mosin bullet through Grunts. Many players find it a shame that the camera wiggle has been removed. But what is it?
With this “game mechanics”, players turn when resurrecting or looting dead hunters in order to reduce the hitbox of the upper body. We think the change is good, but not consistent enough.
Wiggling was only reduced when looting and resuscitating, in which players turn more slowly during these actions than before. If an opponent wants to run away from them, he can still use this mechanic.
Anti-Duck-Spam: Up until now, it was possible for you to simply crouch quickly and get up again during a firefight. That increased your hit accuracy enormously.
But that changes with Hunt Showdown Update 1.5.2. Now you suffer a small speed penalty every time you crouch, which slows you down briefly after getting up.
That changes with gunplay
Bullet cultivator superfluous: Another change in terms of gunplay is the reloading mechanism of repeating rifles such as Mosin or Lebel. To reload these weapons, you always had to sacrifice a bullet, unless you had the “Bulletgrubber” trait. This allows you to catch and load the otherwise lost ball.
In order for you to succeed, you don’t necessarily need the trait with Hunt Update 1.5.2. If you fire a bullet and shortly afterwards press “R” to reload, only the empty case will be ejected and you will fully load the weapon without losses.
Other gunplay changes include:
- Crown & King Auto-5
- Increased weapon waving while crouching
- Reduced rate of fire
- Flechette ammunition
- Can now kill with one shot (only on the head up to a maximum of 9 meters)
- Dum-dum ammunition
- Increased range for one-hit kills with the Nitro Express.
- Guns with short barrels are more stable
- Long guns with short barrels (Obrez or Sawed-Off) are now supposed to do more
- consistent damage and feel less random.
- Changes do not apply to Romero Handcannon and Romero Hatchet
Bugfixes & other changes in Hunt Update 1.5.2
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to lure Scrapbeak out of the boss arena.
- Bosses will now be correctly affected by fire damage while in frenzy mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused AI to be slower to react to triggers from players over longer distances.
- Ammo count display have moved and realigned with the right side of the health bar.
- Indicators (crouching, talking, out of breath) icons have been updated and moved to the left side of the health bar.
- The Dark sight Boost icon has been repositioned to the left side of the screen, fixing several overlapping issues in the process.
- The scrollbar visuals in the menus have been updated for better readability.
- The unnecessary “sell all” button have been removed from the store and the roster screens.
- A pop-up will appear to notify of automatically claimed rewards of the daily challenges.
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple barrels to spawn in the same location.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck in a corner of a resupply station.
You can find out more information about the upcoming update 1.5.2 of Hunt Showdown in the original post from the developer.