The technical beta for the upcoming Diablo clone Lost Ark has been online since November 4th and owners of a founder’s package or happy fans can look forward to a beta key. But even without luck or money, you can dust off a key via Twitch Drops in just 30 minutes.
That’s going on: The Lost Ark beta started on November 4th at 9:00 a.m. PT and the servers are already full. If you want to participate to test the Hack n Slay for yourself, you either have to be lucky with the beta registration or spend money on a start-up package.
But it is also much easier and faster via Twitch Drops!
How to get your Lost Ark Beta Key via Twitch Drops
In order to receive your beta key via the Twitch Drops, you have to register on the streaming platform Twitch.tv, link your account to the Lost Ark website, and watch one of the many streamers who are currently playing Lost Ark.
- Log in on Twitch.tv
- Link your accounts (select Lost Ark and click “Link”)
- Watch one of the streamers for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, you can claim your key in your drops inventory
- You can then have the key sent to you via email on the linked Lost Ark website
How to activate a game on Steam
Once you have received your key, activate it via Steam and download the beta. The game is about 60 GB:
- Open Steam
- Click on “Games” in the header and then on “Activate a product on Steam”
- Enter the key there and click on Next
- You can then install Lost Ark
Important information: As this is a technical beta, the servers, in particular, are currently being tested for stability and only one server per region is online until 12 p.m PT. The Server is already full, and you have to expect a waiting time of around an hour.
The current beta runs until November 9th and the release of Lost Ark will take place early next year. You can already play 7 character classes in the beta, grind up to level 100 and conquer numerous dungeons.