Modern Warfare 2 has received a new update with Season 2 and thus various new contents. Besides new modes and playlists, there are also a few undocumented or secret adjustments that fans can be happy about.
What’s going on? Season 2 has been available on the live servers for two weeks. In addition to the changes noted in the patch notes, there are also a number of secret contents that have come into the game with a new update, which we now present to you in more detail.
Update for Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 brings several Easter Eggs
What does Season 2 bring? First and foremost, Season 2 included new modes, weapons, maps, operators, and skins at release – an all-around hit of content, so to speak. We have already summarized what exactly will change in the gameplay with Season 2 in a separate article.
What secret changes are there in Season 2? As with every major update, Season 2 brings some changes that the developers haven’t mentioned in the official patch notes. The Youtuber dkdynamite, among others, has summarized these changes in a video. Specifically, the developers have made the following adjustments to Modern Warfare 2:
- The AI in DMZ mode has only been toned down on the Al Mazrah and Ashika Island maps, but not on Building 21.
- The “data theft” event is live. Your task is to find and secure various laptops on Ashika Island to get special loot as a reward.
- There is a new quest on the map Ashika Island. For this you need to collect shuriken and throw them at target dummies.
- Above Ashika Island, small drones fly very high in the air. If you shoot these drones, you will also receive a reward, such as new blueprints.
- In the residential area of Ashika Island hang various numbered chimes. Shoot the chimes according to their number sequence and you’ll get a supply drop.
- The final challenges for the Path of the Ronin event are live.
- You can buy a new bundle in the store: the Tracer Pack: Ballistic Love with a new skin for Reyes, a crossbow, a submachine gun and other bonuses.
- The developers have fixed a bug that caused you to get stuck when reviving a team member.
What do you think about the secret changes in Modern Warfare 2 with Season 2? Let us know in the comments or join us on social media (via linktr.ee) to not miss any exciting news about Call of Duty and Co.