Today, June 9, 2022, developer Battlestate Games is presenting more Escape from Tarkov content on the Devstream TarkovTV-Live. We follow the stream and offer you an overview of the content here!
When was the stream? The stream started on June 9, 2022 with a slight delay at around 6:40 p.m. GMT+2 on the official Twitch channel of the developer Battlestate Games. Lead developer Nikita Buyanov guided the community through the content.
The most important information at a glance:
- There is no fixed date for the pre-wipe yet. But it will come before the Lighthouse patch, which is almost ready.
- There is new information about the Arena mode. Beta testing will probably start soon.
- Street of Tarkov is nearing completion.
- Many new weapons come with the patch. Among other things, the entire G36 family including attachments.
- Lighthouse Expansion comes with the patch and the 3 Lighthouse bosses roam different areas.
All content from the Escape from Tarkov stream
Lead developer Nikita Buyanov talked about the upcoming patch and showed some content during the chaotic stream. He emphasizes that not all content will be included. There was also talk of the recently announced Arena mode.
- Arena mode will beta testing and will mainly invite the most active Early Test Server (ETS) players, but will also give out Random Keys.
- Arena mode will be a separate game. There is no information about the price yet.
- At the start, there will be 5-6 small maps and 1-2 larger ones. Indoors & Outdoors.
- Two teams (red and blue) will compete against each other.
- There will be normal matchmaking or custom lobbies with friends and different settings. No ranked mode.
- You can complete tasks to unlock equipment. In EFT, you can complete Arena-related quests.
- The physics and rules will be just as real as in Escape from Tarkov.
- Escape from Tarkov Arena will also offer a kind of wave mode for PVE players.
A “highlight” was definitely the trailer without sound. Nikita fixed the glitch himself and simply recreated the sound:
Street of Tarkov
The highly anticipated Street of Tarkov is finished from level design, but it’s not playable yet. It still needs a lot of tweaking. However, Nikita says it won’t be long before a release is announced.
At the Summer Game Fest, which starts after the EFT stream, Battlestate Games will not be showing anything else this year.
Lighthouse expansion patch
Even if there were initially problems showing the Lighthouse expansion live in the live stream, there was some information about the upcoming patch and then short game scenes. But Nikita didn’t really want to say much about the expansion.
- The patch is almost done, just needs a bit of fine-tuning.
- The USEC standard clothing has been adjusted.
- The G36 weapon series comes into play with the patch including many attachments.
- Many more weapons come into play with the patch:
- RD-704 7.62×39 Assault Rifle
- Grenade launcher which is very hard to get. Will not be available at the flea market.
- AXMC .338 Sniper Rifle with silencer and other attachments.
- MP-18 7.62x54R single shot rifle
- And a few more that weren’t shown or mentioned. But Nikita emphasizes that there are other weapons that come into play.
- New animations come into play with the patch.
- There are now 3 special slots in the inventory where you can add special items like the range finder, compass and radio sets. These slots cannot be looted.
- After the patch, players can enter the Lighthouse expansion for free, but cannot enter the lighthouse directly. Later you will need a ticket to enter the Lightouse Expansion area.
- Flaregun and single flares come. You Flaregun gets different airdrops. The colorful flares are important for quests later. However, the airdrops are currently not working.
- The 3 bosses at the Lighthouse, which are already known, will be able to enter different places and are not only on the Lighthouse. But they are always together in one place and do not split up.
- The patch also adds AMD FSR to the graphics options, which primarily improves performance with AMD graphics cards. Similar to Nvidia DLSS.
- A new daily task “Elimination” has been added, where you should kill a target.
- Night vision devices/lasers will be added to the game.
- PVE Matches (Practice Mode) will be available on the official servers in coop mode for Edge of Darkness owners. Later also for everyone.
There was nothing more to see in the stream, and more information will come later when the patch is ready. We will of course keep you up to date on this.