World War 3, which some are calling the Battlefield killer, celebrates release & enters free open beta before the end of September. The launch of World War 3’s open beta also brings twitch drops, a launch event, and more.
What do we know: World War 3 will still launch into open beta in September after any postponements. Players around the globe will then be able to play the direct competitor to Battlefield for free. The developers are celebrating the release extensively with a new update and a bombastic sale.
- Don’t miss anything else about World War 3 & Co. with our Guided Social Medias
World War 3 celebrates open beta release – all content at launch
What’s coming with the release update? The developers promise that there will be various improvements to the balance, leveling system, graphics and more. However, the main focus should be the new old map Smolensk, which the developers have greatly improved. After more than a year of hiatus, Smolensk is finally playable again. In addition, the developers are kicking off World War 3’s new life phase with twitch drops and a launch event.
When will World War 3 be released in open beta?
The open beta of World War 3 will start in a staggered manner for closed beta owners and newcomers. First, closed beta owners will launch on September 26, 2022, with all other players following 3 days later on September 29, 2022.
- September 26, 2022 (6:00 PM): Access for all buyers of the closed beta package.
- September 29, 2022 (12:00pm): Open Beta launch for all other players.
Play in advance & get skins: If you want to test World War 3 a few days earlier, you can still access the Founders Package or the Closed Beta Package. The package allows you to play for 3 days in advance. Currently, the offer is reduced to 9.09 € in the Steam store. If you buy the pre-package, you will not only get access earlier, you will even get some skins on top.
World War 3 Twitch Drops & Launch Event – When does it start?
To celebrate the launch of the open beta of World War 3, we can’t do without a proper event. You can get a lot of twitch drops right at the start and even get an experience boost for the first week of the game:
- Twitch Drops (September 26 – October 5): With the Twitch Drops for World War 3, you can get skins and even an in-game strike (a kind of killstreak). All you have to do is watch the selected streamers play the shooter for a certain amount of time. You’ll also need to connect your Twitch account to Steam, of course.
- EXP Bonus (September 26 – October 6): For more than a week, you can get more experience points from every battle with this event. This will help you level up faster and unlock new weapons, attachments, and strikes.
Worth Reading: World War 3: Console Release on PlayStation & Xbox?
Attention all closed beta players: This is what happens to your progress
If you’re a player of the closed beta of World War 3, we unfortunately have some bad news for you. Your entire progress will be set to zero at the start of WW3’s open beta. You will have to start all over again with all new players. What may sound unfair is purely for balance, so as not to throw the thousands of new players straight into a battlefield full of professionals with high-end equipment.
The closed beta of World War 3 has already been over for a few days and the progress should already be reset. Starting today, you can start over and quickly level up to your old level with our level guide!