In the Soulslike RPG Elden Ring, you need Forging Stones to upgrade your weapons and shield. Since this is particularly important at the beginning, we at Guided.news will tell you where the first Smithing Stones are located.
These are Smithing Stones: The Smithing Stones are upgrade materials you require at a blacksmith or an anvil to increase the levels of your weapons and shields. Especially at the beginning of the game, you can use them well and quickly overlook them.
Where you will find the first Smithing Stones in Elden Ring
You can find the first Smithing Stones right after the first small boss fight, as soon as you wake up in the “Weeping Peninsula” in the open world. Once you come out of Castle Morne, look around:
- On the right-back, you will find the Smithing Stone on a corpse being eaten by a harpy.
- On the left backside of the castle by a corpse.
- On the left front side of Castle Morne, there is a ladder leading up. There you will find the Smithing Stone on a corpse. There are undead dogs nearby, so watch out.
- If you run from the castle directly down to the beach to the right, you will find the stone on a corpse that is guarded by 4 spirit jellyfish.
- On a dead body in the middle of the road, near the group of enemies scavenging the broken cart.
- You can also find another stone on a corpse on the east edge of the bridge near the middle section.
So you have the first stones in your pocket, and you can, for example, bring your weapon to level 3. If that’s not enough for you, you’ll find plenty more Upgrade Material to collect in the next area.
|More about Elden Ring
Here you can find more Smithing Stones in Elden Ring
- On the southern part of the island, you will find a Teardrop Scarab running away from you. If you destroy him, this valuable loot drops. In this case, one Smithing Stone.
- In the Church of Elleh on the anvil.
- On the side of the bridge on a corpse.
- In the middle of the field on a corpse sitting on a chair.
- In a chest in the middle of Mistwood Ruins.
- On a corpse on the battlements of Castle Haight.
- Looted by a noble soldier at the Gatefront Ruins.
- This is where it gets a little complicated. You can find the Smithing Stone along with #9’s Smithing Stone in a statue guarded by trolls. You can get the trolls to hit the statue to get the stones.
- See #8.
- On a hanged corpse near the buildings.
- At the bottom of the cliff. Attention, wolves are fighting a bear here.
- On the flooded tombstones.
- On the bridge on a corpse.
- Defeat the spherical opponent at the top of the ruin.
- On a corpse surrounded by other corpses and a circle of chairs.
- On the southwestern cliffs on a corpse. Beware of the birds!
- Outside the castle walls. Accessible by jumping over broken pieces of wall.
- On a corpse next to a stairway leading to a platform with ballista emplacements.
- Drop from the Lion Guardian mini boss.
- On a corpse in the room where you will also find Nepheli Loux.
- Behind some explosive barrels on the top level of the castle walls, accessible from the Rampart Tower. Warning: Nasty birds throwing explosive barrels.
You still need to know that: In the first two areas, you will mainly find 1st and 2nd level Smithing Stones. The first tier allows you to upgrade your gear to level 3, and the second tier allows you to level your gear up to 6.
Your opinion counts: Did you find any other Smithing Stones in the Starting Areas? Feel free to leave us a comment or join our community discord and let us know!