Conquering space without good weapons can be tough, so you have to equip the best available options. Fortunately, you will have the opportunity to get such weapons, and one of the ways is to visit the city of Akila. This guide will provide you with full information on how to get the Despondent Assassin Rifle in Starfield.
This legendary weapon will be the best choice for those practicing their sniper skills. It is not difficult to obtain, and when the rifle is in your hands, enemies will regret having conflict with you.
Starfield: How to get Despondent Assassin Rifle
It is not difficult to get this legendary weapon. As we mentioned above, the main location will be the city of Akila, where you will need to complete 2 quests that will eventually lead you to the gun. Here are these 2 quests:
- False Positive: In this mission, you, together with Davis Wilson, need to find out who in the security staff is committing sabotage. You will go on a patrol where you will need to kill some security bots and then the trail will lead you to Bailey Kirklin, who is the traitor. Confront her, then report to Davis Wilson, and the quest will end.
- Leader of the Pack: In this mission, you and Davis Wilson will have to go on a hunt to kill Alpha Ashta. The battle can be difficult, so stock up on medical kits and ammo. After you complete the task, talk to Keoni to complete the quest and get the Despondent Assassin Rifle as a reward.
Thus, after completing 2 simple and interesting missions, you will receive a powerful legendary rifle that can be tour main until the end of the game.
Starfield: Despondent Assassin Rifle Advantages
This is a good sniper rifle, and obviously, it will be useful for hitting targets from long distances. You can install additional modifications and increase the weapon’s effectiveness with Rifle and Ballistic skills, but even without them, the weapon has excellent stats, namely:
In addition, you’ll also get additional benefits thanks to the effects that the rifle has. Like other legendary weapons, the Despondent Assassin has 3 perks, namely:
- Anti-Personnel: Humans take 10% more damage.
- Demoralizing: There is a chance that you will demoralize the target.
- Hitman: Animals take 15% more damage.
As you can see, these advantages will be effective in most cases, so you can confidently take this weapon into almost any battle. And while you are here, make sure to check our guide on how to get Wakizashi Katana in Starfield.