In this guide, you will learn how to get Gloves of Soul Catching in Baldur’s Gate 3 and at the same time free Hope from Raphael’s captivity. To do this, you will need to create a portal to the House of Hope and have a certain item to rescue her.
Gloves of Soul is very useful when using unarmed attacks. Such attacks will deal additional Force damage and will also be able to heal you or give you Advantage on Attack Rolls and Saving Throws. If you want to get this item, you will be interested in the information below.
BG3: How to Get Gloves of Soul Catching
Follow the next steps:
- To begin with, you must have The Orphic Hammer with you.
- With it, go to Helsik, who you can find in Devil’s Fee at coordinates X:-39; Y:18.
- You must talk to her and convince her to help you get to the House of Hope.
- When you succeed, she will give you the items needed for the ritual.
- Go up to the second floor to Helsik’s Room where the ritual will take place. To perform the ritual, you must place the ritual items on the blood star according to the instructions from the Opening a Hell Gate book that Helsik will also give you:
To open the portal, you must place the ritual items in their proper places on the blood star.
Place the skull on the star point near the altar.
Place the coin of Mammon on the next point to the right.
Counting clockwise, skip a point and place the diamond on the next one.
Place the incense on the point that follows the diamond.
Finally, place the Infernal Marble in the center of the star.
Read more: Faith-Leap Trial Guide in Baldur’s Gate 3
When you get to the House of Hope, Hope herself will appear and ask you to release her, and of course, you have to agree. After this, do the following:
- Go to the Prison Hatchway at coordinates X:-6452; Y:2911.
- climb down the hatchway.
- Go through the iron door and see Hope being held by the Guards with chains. You have to defeat the Guards and for this, you will need The Orphic Hammer, which we talked about at the beginning of the guide.
- When you have freed Hope you need to find Raphaels’ Notes in his safe at coordinates X:-6488; Y:2988.
- Now, at these coordinates X:-6544; Y:2920, find the Soul-Sworn Contract and say the magic words next to it and then take it.
- Now you need to run away from there, but when you reach the portal, Raphael will come.
- You need to defeat him, after which you will completely free Hope and get the Gloves of Soul Catching.
That was all the information you had to know to get the Gloves of Soul Catching in Baldur’s Gate 3. Although it is not very difficult, the path to get this item is quite complicated, so we hope our guide was useful to you. Also, if you’re looking to learn even more about the game, refer to our article on how to get into Wyrm’s Rock Fortress in Baldur’s Gate 3.