Achievements are a big part of Starfield for many players, but by using the console cheat codes, some players have them disabled. If you’re one of these players and would like to re-enable your achievements, look no further as we’ll teach you how to re-enable achievements in Starfield
To re-enable your achievements, you’ll need to install a mod called the Achievement Enabler made by brunph on Nexus Mods (works for both Steam and UWP versions), and change game files slightly. But, if you follow the instructions you’ll see below, this process should be pretty straightforward.
What Should You Know Before Installing the Achievement Enabler Mod?
First of all, before even installing the mod, you’ll need to delete the “StarfieldConsoleHistory” doc file. This file appears as soon as you put any command into the console. To find it, go to Documents>My Games>Starfield.
Read more: How to Survey Earth 100% in Starfield
Re-Enabling Starfield Achievements on Steam
Follow the list below to re-enable your achievements:
- Firstly, you’ll need to download a file named “bink2w64.dll” from the Ultimate ASI Loader Github page.
- Next, find a file with the same name in the Starfield root directory, this is how to get there: Steam>steamapps>common>Starfield.
- Rename the file in your root directory to “bink2w64Hooked.dll” and move the“bink2w64.dll” file you just downloaded into the directory.
- Create a new folder named “plugins” in the root directory.
- Finally, download the Achievement Enabler mod and place the “starfield-achievementenabler.asi” into the plugins folder.
That’s all you need to do to re-enable your achievements in Starfield for Steam. Now, let’s take a look at the UWP version.
Re-Enabling Starfield Achievements on UWP
This list will provide all the necessary information to re-enable achievements on UWP:
- Find a file named “dinput8.dll” on the same Ultimate ASI Loader Github page and download it.
- Rename the file with the same name to wininet.dll in the Starfield root directory: XboxGames>Starfield>Content.
- Paste the dinput8.dll file from Github into the root directory.
- Create a new folder and name it “plugins” in the root directory.
- Place the starfield-achievementenabler.asi file into the plugins’ folder
And there you have it, you can now enjoy getting achievements while using mods and the debugging console in Starfield! By the way, if you need more help with this game, here we have an article on how to install mods in Starfield, make sure to check it out!