The “New Zealand trick” is supposed to make it possible to play the console versions of Hogwarts Legacy 12 hours before release. That’s right, but it only works on the Xbox; there’s a catch for PS5 owners.
Play Hogwarts Legacy 12 hours earlier? Yes, a simple trick allows that. However, PC players are left out in the cold, because the said New Zealand Trick only works with the Xbox version of the open world role-playing game. Since we’re talking about the “first release” on February 7th, it has to be the Deluxe or Collector’s Edition.
And this is how it works:
- Open the settings in the dashboard of your Xbox.
- Select “System”.
- Go to the location menu and select New Zealand.
- English must be set as the language region.
- Now restart your Xbox and you should be able to play Hogwarts Legacy just in time for the witching hour.
On the PS5 the New Zealand Trick is More Difficult
Those who own a PlayStation 5 can use the same trick and will also succeed with it. However, there are a few conditions:
- You need to create a new PlayStation account with New Zealand as your location.
- Your copy of Hogwarts Legacy must be purchased from the PlayStation Store for New Zealand. The prices there are higher than in the EU or the US, for example.
- Every time you want to play Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll have to log into your New Zealand PS account.
Still up for it? Then do the following:
- Head over to the New Zealand PlayStation website and sign up for a new account.
- Remember to use an alternate email address and select New Zealand as your location.
- Buy New Zealand PS wallet cards in the required quantity and activate them.
- Purchase the Deluxe or Collector’s Edition of Hogwarts Legacy.
Want to join our community and discuss Hogwarts Legacy? Then feel free to join our Discord server or visit us on Facebook. We look forward to seeing you there!