The controls in Sons of the Forest are slightly different from what you are used to in the predecessor. It is not immediately obvious how to select items in the quick slots to equip them quickly. We’ll tell you how to do it!
These are quick slots: While in The Forest you could still place individual items on the number keys to equip them quickly, this is not possible in Sons of the Forest. The well-known quick slots are missing here, but you can still use them.
|Are you looking for fellow players, or would you like to discuss Sons of the Forest and share your experiences? Then join our Sons of the Forest Facebook group. You can find all our guides in an ordered overview.|
How to Equip Items via Quick Slots (Hot Keys) in Sons of the Forest
To access your items more quickly, for example, to equip weapons quickly in battle without having to go to the menu, there are quick slots. They work a little differently in Sons of the Forest.
- Open your inventory with the I key.
- You have your backpack at the top right of the inventory, which you can drag into the middle by right-clicking.
- Here you can now equip or dispose of items. This is your quick slot, so to speak.
- Once you attach your desired items to the backpack, leave the inventory again.
- Now you can hold down I so that your character takes the backpack to the front. Here you can quickly access your selected items.
This gives you faster access to your items. Even if it can’t replace the helpful quick slots from the first part, this option is better than having none at all.
|More about Sons of the Forest|
Are you already playing Sons of the Forest? Then write us your opinion in the comments or tell us how you survived the first night in the survival game.