Originally, the medieval survival adventure of Bellwright was set to begin Early Access this month. Now, the developers have postponed the release date – but not without showcasing new trailer material.
- Donkey Crew has postponed the Early Access launch of Bellwright.
- Accordingly, the ambitious survival title is slated to release in the first quarter of 2024.
- Simultaneously, the developers presented new trailer footage from Bellwright.
When Will Bellwright be Available in Early Access?
Originally, Bellwright, a new survival game with settlement building and an open medieval world, was supposed to debut in Early Access on Steam in December. However, as the developers from Donkey Crew recently announced, they will have to push back the release date a bit.
Thus, Bellwright is set to embark on its community-supported development journey on PC in the first quarter of 2024. Console versions of the game, according to the team, will be available “later in the same year.” As stated in the corresponding press release, Donkey Crew aims to provide players with the “ultimate experience” at the start of Early Access.
- Recommended read: Sons of the Forest Patch 15: Kelvin got new Commands, all Patch Notes
Additional fine-tuning and other improvements are necessary for this, the developers note. Indeed, since its initial appearance on Steam, Bellwright has generated significant interest among users, making Donkey Crew’s decision understandable.
New Trailer for Bellwright Showcases Building, Hunting, & More
Along with the relevant press release, Donkey Crew also released a new trailer for Bellwright, which you can view below. The new footage spans about a minute and primarily includes gameplay scenes, some of which are presented in time-lapse.
Specifically, the new trailer video begins with camera movements and the hero walking through medieval green landscapes, partially inhabited. Afterward, the base-building and gathering mechanics are hinted at; there’s also hunting with a bow and arrow against a wolf, as well as skirmishes in front of a small fortress.
What Bellwright is About
The story of Bellwright revolves around an unspecified hero who was falsely blamed for the accidental death of a prince years ago and has since been living in hiding. After the Crown ordered his death, the protagonist narrowly escapes an assassination attempt, the motives of which raise many questions. Questions that eventually lead the hero back to his hometown.
According to the game description, the main character becomes the leader of a rebellion against the oppressive sovereign, gradually uncovering the truth about his family. As the rebel leader, he assists villagers, establishes his own settlement, and recruits citizens for his cause.
They will help him build the resources and power necessary for resisting the Crown and solidifying his position as the hero of the people. Key features of Bellwright, as listed by Donkey Crew, include:
- Survive and Thrive: Collect and manage resources in a harsh world to survive.
- Conquer and Expand: Work your way up from a tiny settlement to the leader of a growing rebellion. Deal with threats in different regions and claim them to gain insurgency points and new resources to advance the technologies of your towns and strengthen your cause.
- Resource and Town Management: Free your settlements from the oppressive influence of the Crown; build, manage, and upgrade your outposts and towns with recruits and manage their resources.
- Happiness System: Your actions have consequences that affect Happiness levels. Happiness can trigger events and determine how efficient your settlements are.
- Skill-Based Directional Combat: Lead your army with different formations and tactics in battle, using various weapon types and equipment.
- Character Progression: Unlock and level up perks to improve your survival skills, weapon mastery, influence as an army commander, and more.
- Roleplay and Story: Unravel the secrets of your family and the truth behind the death of the prince as you expand your armies and influence across the land.
- Co-Op Support: Play solo or with friends.
How does all of this sound to you? Has a specific feature caught your attention? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.
If you’d like to join our community and discuss Bellwright or other survival games, then join our Discord server – we look forward to having you!