One day after the big update to Deadside, there is now a little follow-up, because the hotfix update 0.2.1 is supposed to improve the general chances of survival and fixes some annoying bugs.
What’s inside: There is no new content in the hotfix for Deadside. Instead, Bad Pixel developers are changing key aspects to make survival fairer.
Deadside Hotfix 0.2.1 – Less hunger & damage
Hunger & thirst reduced: Thanks to the new update, you should suffer from hunger and thirst less quickly. Players had long complained about the rapidly falling bars. Also, the damage you suffer if the ads do drop to zero is now less. Overall that was changed:
- After death, food and water display are at 50
- When you sprint, you use 50 percent less food and water
- Slightly reduced damage from blank ads
- Dealers now also buy the new weapons & attachments
- Fixed wrong message when suicide in chat
- You can no longer shoot and sprint at the same time
- Localization improved
- Delay between firing and reloading has been fixed.
- Fixed collision problems between assets and objects.
- Fixed broken animation when crouching.
- Fixed broken animation when throwing grenades.
Click here for Update 0.2.0, which brought tons of new content.
That’s it: These are all changes in the current Deadside Update 0.2.1. This is just a hotfix, keep that in mind. The first vehicles will then follow in one of the next major updates.