Escape From Tarkov gets the long-awaited update 13, today on December 28th. We tell you here in short and concise, what new content you can expect, when the servers go offline and back online & give you the most important patch notes!
The update at a glance: In the latest patch for Tarkov, there are countless new features as well as a wipe! The wipe will be applied during the course of the day together with the update itself. The servers will be offline from 08:00 a.m. (CET, Berlin) until 02:00 p.m. (more in our live ticker about EFT updates). However, there might be some delays. Regarding the contents of EFT Update 13, you can look forward to the following:
- New map “Streets of Tarkov”.
- New weapons & equipment
- New skills
- Five new stimulants (stims)
- Other changes & bug fixes
New update from EFT brings only part of Streets of Tarkov
Unsurprisingly, the new map Streets of Tarkov (40 screenshots) takes up the largest part of the patch notes in Update 13. It should be directly revealed that this version of the map is not the final one. As soon as the Tarkov servers are back online, you will be able to explore a small part of what will soon be the largest Tarkov map. For this, the developers have also designed completely new quests and added them to the Extraction shooter.
Streets of Tarkov is also directly playable and requires no further prerequisites, from the PMCs. However, it is recommended that you continue to follow the quest series, which will always take you to all the locations in the city of Tarkov.
More precisely, the area between the intersection of Primorsky Avenue and Klimov Street is playable. So far there are no officially accessible maps for Streets. We only know a few locations so far, which fans have already worked out to the full map based on the trailers. As soon as this changes, we will of course add an overview map here! In the coming days, Guided.news will create (as usual, from the other map guides) the most up-to-date and detailed guide to the new map.
All Points of Interest on Streets of Tarkov
- abandoned factory
- Pinewood Hotel
- News Agency Building
- Concordia Residential
- Car Dealership
- Terracot Business Center
- Sparzha Supermarket
Three new skills and abilities
The current update brings three new skills, which you level up when performing the underlying actions:
- Light Armor: Reduces the malus to mobility when wearing light armor. Also reduces condition changes & damage from melee weapons.
- Heavy Armor: Reduces the malus to mobility when wearing heavy armor. Also reduces condition changes & damage from melee weapons.
- Charisma: Affects the price of insurance, pay extracts, swap tasks, price of Scav Box, and Therapists health benefits.
New weapons and equipment in Tarkov Update 13
So far we have not been able to find any images for the new weapons, attachments or equipment. So we are reporting purely the names, values and descriptions, which can be found in the patch notes for patch 13:
All New Weapons in Tarkov:
- GP-25 Kostyor – 40 mm underbarrel grenade launcher for all AK weapons.
- M203 – 40 mm underbarrel grenade launcher for all AR-15 family weapons.
- SR-2M “Veresk” – 9×21 mm submachine gun, with upgrade kit to SR-2-MP. Unique new sight and 30-round magazine.
- Steyr AUG A1 & AUG A3 – 5.56×45 caliber, with modifications magazines with 10, 30 and 42 shot capacity added.
- Glock 19 – 9×19 mm With 19-round, 24-round and 31-round magazines.
- RSH-12 revolver – 12.7×55 mm caliber
5x new stimulants (stims)
There are now new stims that you can use to improve your performance in the game:
- Obdolbos 2: Homemade by Boss Sanitar.
- SJ12 TGLabs: Regenerates health points, increases perception, but decreases body temperature. If the effect wears off, the body temperature rises up to 42 degrees Celsius.
- Perfotoran (Blue Blood): Acts as a powerful antidote to all sorts of toxins, poison and radiation. Regenerates skin tissue (possible bleeding stopper?). Beware of overdose!
- Tramadol: Strong painkiller that improves bone tissue regeneration. Overdose leads to severe fatigue symptoms.
- PNB (Product 16): Strengthens muscle tissue (more strength) and reduces incoming damage. Improves tissue healing. Has unknown side effects.
All Bug Fixes & Changes in the newest Tarkov Patch
The following patch notes are taken directly from the developers’ official website:
- Fixed several memory leaks
- Fixed an issue where already looted containers were left open to other players
- Fixed a softlock issue that occurred when players picked up weapons from bots in some instances
- Fixed error 228 caused by healing outside the raid in some instances
- Fixed some places where bots could fall through the geometry on Customs
- Fixed the spawn of bots right next to players
- Fixed the reaction of bots to players loading into raids without any equipment
- Fixed the reaction of Raiders to players behind transparent objects or glass
- Fixed an issue with vehicle extractions during the heal animation
- Fixed a visual bug in the Flea Market when selecting items
- Fixed a visual bug with the visuals of water with SSR enabled
- Fixed incorrect head rotation while aiming
- Fixed graphical artifacts when changing antialiasing mode in raid
- Fixed some weapon mods glowing in the dark
- Fixed sight position on Saiga-12
- Fixed freezing when jumping over certain objects
- Fixed the ability to complete multiple quests with a single quest item
- Fixed bots’ reactions to smoke grenades
- Fixed the wounded sound in the lobby
- Fixed a flashlight issue in optics after using a thermal sight
- Fixed camera position when shooting with KRISS Vector with a folded buttstock
- Added the sounds of attachments on T-5000M
- Fixed the effects of AKMP sights on 7.62 AK recoil
- Fixed the incorrect description for Leupold Mark 4 LR 6.5-20×50 30mm riflescope
- Fixed the sound of bushes on the loading screen when the spawn point is near a bush
- Fixed the delay when changing scope magnification on MP-18
- Fixed incorrect behavior of interface when selling disassembled items to traders, also added a notification about the parts blocking the ability to sell
- Fixed the scaling of the MP-133 shotgun’s shell model during reloading
- Fixed the incorrect SIG MCX muzzle flash when installing a muzzle device in a raid
- Fixed the eating and drinking animations from 3rd person
- Fixed the change of FOV while aiming with a weapon with a folded buttstock
- Fixed bots not reacting to death of other bots (voicelines)
- Fixed bots’ behavior when they see a player who peeks out from behind an obstacle
- Many other technical fixes and improvements
- Rebalanced weapon mastering progression
- Rebalanced trading and prices, added new barter items
- Rebalanced conditions and rewards in the old quests, as well as added new ones
- Some quests in chains can now become available after a period of time after the completion of the previous one
- Various improvements and changes in the Hideout
- The spawn points of some quest items have been changed, the item will be in one of the random places located near each other
- Some recipes for crafting in the Hideout will become available as a reward for completing specific quests
- A new type of extraction is available on Streets of Tarkov, to activate it you will need to fire a green flare cartridge in the area before the exit, otherwise you will be shot by snipers when approaching the exit
- Added the ability to add a craft to your favorites, as well as a search by name in the craft list
- Added weapon malfunctions for bots
- Improved the behavior of Rogue Bosses