Hogwarts Legacy is without any doubt a wonderful role-playing game, but it delivers the genre-typical spiders en masse. Fortunately for arachnophobes, there is now a modification that removes all the scabby eight-legged creatures, or rather, puts them in square boxes.
Go away, you nasty spider: Very bad news for all spiders in Hogwarts Legacy, because they soon will be banned from the face of the game world. NorskPL’s modification “Arachnophobia Mode”, which can be downloaded from the Nexusmods website, takes care of that.
Okay, “banned” doesn’t mean that this mod would kick spiders out the door. After all, such a radical measure would not be conducive to the game’s balance. However, the “Arachnophobia Mode” stuffs those eight-legged demons into boxes, so spider-phobics can breathe a sigh of relief.
How to install the Arachnophobia Mode
- Download the mod from the link above.
- Open Steam and right-click on Hogwarts Legacy in your game library.
- In the small window, select “Manage” and then “Browse local files”.
- Drag the ZIP folder with “Arachnophobia Mode” into the game folder (this is located on the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hogwarts Legacy).
- Unzip the ZIP folder and the spiders will all be well packed the next time you start the game.
By the way, if you ever lose your fear of spiders, you don’t have to reinstall Hogwarts Legacy right away. It’s enough if you delete the following files to uninstall the mod:
Want to join our community and discuss Hogwarts Legacy? Then feel free to join our Discord server or visit us on Facebook. We look forward to seeing you there!