The Hunt Showdown Update 1.8.1 has been online on the live servers since May 16, 2022 and, in addition to new Ki variations, above all brings a feature that many have been eagerly awaiting; A quest system. We’ll explain what it’s all about.
Here’s what’s going on: On Monday, May 16, 2022, Hunt Showdown Update 1.8.1 went live. What’s special about this update is a brand new feature that hasn’t been seen since the launch of Hunt. A quest system should ensure that you always have something to do and collect rewards for it.
The Hunt Showdown quest system “Summons” explained
The new quest system is intended to replace the current daily/weekly challenges. The new system gives you greater freedom in what you want to do. With further updates, the system will continue to improve based on player feedback.
You have a choice of 9 tasks that you can “summon”. Each task grants you a reward and a certain number of stars – depending on the difficulty, 1 to 6 stars. If you collect 30 stars, you will receive 25 Blood Bonds as the main reward. The quests and your collected stars are reset every Monday. You can repeat quests for the stars, but you will only get the quest reward once. There are 5 types of quests:
- Simple quests: Can be easily completed by anyone, regardless of experience. Rewards 1-2 Stars.
- Core gameplay quests: These will involve tasks focused on the core gameplay loop (clues, bosses, and bounties.) Rewards 2-3 Stars.
- PVP Quests: These will focus on PvP engagements with enemy Hunters. Rewards 3-4 Stars.
- Hardcore quests: A complex set of quests aimed at veteran players. Rewards 5 Stars.
- Legendary quests: These will involve the use of specific legendary skins (Hunters or weapons). Rewards 6 Stars.
Your current tasks are also displayed on the lobby map for better tracking. Each player has different tasks to choose from, they are randomly assigned to the players from a large pool. 2 tasks can be accepted at the same time. You can accept another task if you unlock the 3rd slot permanently with Blood Bonds.
What do you think of the quest system, and which quest would you like to see? Write us your opinion in the comments!