DayZ has a test area called Experimental Stage, where you can play and test upcoming updates before the release. In this article, we’ll tell you how to download and play the Experimental version of DayZ on console and PC.
What’s it about? The new DayZ Update 1.19 is just around the corner with cool new features. But if you want to play the upcoming new content before then, you’ll have to switch to the Experimental servers. But how can you play DayZ on Experimental? We’ll show you how.
- Follow us on social media to never miss any news or community events (via Linktr.ee)
Play DayZ Experimental on PC & Xbox – What about PlayStation?
What do you have to consider? You can only play DayZ Experimental on Xbox and PC. Sony is known to not be a big fan of unfinished content, so you won’t be able to pre-test the upcoming update on PlayStation. Xbox and PC are the only platforms where you can play DayZ Experimental.
How do you play DayZ Experimental on PC?
You can find the Experimental version of DayZ on PC on Steam. When you buy the game, you’ll not only get the base game, but also the aforementioned test environment.
Install DayZ Experimental on PC:
- Go to your Steam library
- Search for “DayZ Experimental
- Click on installation.
- Once the game is downloaded, you can launch the Launcher and click Play. Once in the game, you just
- need to find a server in the server browser and join it.
How do you play DayZ Experimental on Xbox?
On Xbox you have to do things a bit differently: Here, you won’t get an Experimental version of DayZ in your game library. Instead, you will need to download the trial environment from the store.
Install DayZ Experimental on Xbox:
- Go to the Xbox store
- Search for “DayZ Experimental” here as well.
- On the store page, you will find the button “Download” in the upper right corner. This will only be
- displayed if you own DayZ.
- Then download the version and click on “Play”.
- On the Xbox, you now only have to select a server and your DayZ Experimental fun can begin.
|More about DayZ|
What’s in the latest DayZ update 1.19?
Among other things, a new vehicle, a new sniper and various items of clothing have been added to the game. The biggest changes, however, are the revised Livonia map including underground bunkers and the new vehicle physics. However, the new Livonia including bunkers is only playable on PC! The Xbox version of DayZ’s experimental servers will, unfortunately, come without a map rework for the time being. All further content about the upcoming DayZ update can be found here: DayZ: All Information about 1.19 Update from Developer Stream