With Epoch Enhanced, arguably the most popular DayZ mod of all time returns after nearly 10 years, offering every old-school gamer arguably the best DayZ experience available on PC. We’ll tell you what to expect on DayZ Epoch Enhanced and how to play it.
What is it? There is a new big player in the DayZ cosmos: DayZ Epoch Enhanced. This server features driving and flying gear from Arma 2 DayZ, the old Chernarus, new old sounds, countless weapons and missions against NPCs. And I only finished this sentence because it’s too long. Overall, this is the perfect opportunity to relive DayZ Epoch — or even for the first time if you missed it back in the day.
- Stay up to date on DayZ & much more – Guided-Social-Media
This is how great DayZ Epoch Enhanced plays – Here’s what to expect
Here’s how it starts: As usual, you spawn along the coast of Chernarus. But this isn’t your familiar Chernarus, it’s the original version from Arma 2, which means smaller, less interesting locations and places you might not know. But back to the start: collect your first backpack, a new jacket, shoes and so on. You’ll quickly notice that weapons are hidden under every rock in DayZ Epoch. Pretty much everywhere you can find powerful weapons. The appeal now lies more in customizing and improving them. So, similar to Escape From Tarkov, there are now countless attachments, grips, barrels and sights that you can attach to your weapon.
And after that, a mission! Once you’ve equipped yourself, you can either start building a base or go on your first mission with your friends. DayZ Epoch Enhanced offers you missions against AI soldiers, who usually hide valuable loot in a base or a hideout. You have to smoke out these hideouts and as soon as all soldiers are killed, the loot is yours. Radio messages and the map show you at any time where an AI mission has started. The rewards of the missions vary:
- Weapons & Ammo
- Armor & Clothing
- Explosives & raiding equipment
- Raw materials for base building
Here’s how base building works: after a long day full of battles against players and AI soldiers, you just want to go home. In DayZ Epoch Enhanced, you’ll use a familiar base-building system. The base building comes directly from DayZ Expansion & we have a guide for you!
In your base, you can also set up various ways to store and secure your loot. You can also store vehicles here, of which there are dozens of different ones in DayZ Epoch Enhanced. And if a vehicle is too stupid, slow and fragile for you, how about a helicopter? We have not been able to find any dealers on the Epoch Enhanced server yet.
This is DayZ Epoch Enhanced – the short version:
- Classic ArmA 2 Epoch style gameplay and atmosphere.
- ArmA 2 map ported to DayZ standalone
- Roving bandits, scavs and military AI randomly distributed throughout the map.
- Survivors of helicopter crashes provide you with the challenge you need and offer arguably the best loot.
- AI missions with different tasks and fat loot.
- Helicopters, cars, buses and trucks, all can be found on the map.
- Increased arsenal and tons of attachments and accessories.
- ArmA 2 sounds mixed with Tarkov movement patterns and weapon sounds for enhanced soundscape.
- Dozens of “Quality of Life” customizations that enhance and expand existing game systems and features.
|Exciting News about DayZ|
How to install & play DayZ Epoch Enhanced.
Who can play it? To enjoy prime-time DayZ, you’ll need to be a PC gamer. Because, as is often the case with cool content, the idea comes from the pen of the community. So Epoch Enhanced is a mod package that you can download from the Steam Workshop. The simpler variant, however, is the following:
Install DayZ Epoch Enhanced:
- Download the DZSA launcher from the official website and install it.
- Go to the settings in the DZSA launcher and specify the installation path of DayZ.
- Now enter “DayZ Epoch Enhanced” or the server IP “126.96.36.199” in the filter and click on the asterisk.
- Then click on the Play button and then on Play.
- The launcher will now tell you that you are missing some mods & ask for permission to download them — just agree.
Once all mods have been downloaded successfully, you can click Play again. Now DayZ should start automatically and bux you directly to the server. So in the future you don’t have to do anything but press play in the DZSA launcher. By the way, this also applies to all the other cool mods we have presented in the past: