The black ox beetle in Grounded is a powerful insect and a fierce opponent in battle. However, hunting the aggressive beetle can be quite rewarding.
While the black ox beetle in Grounded is neutral towards all other creatures, it reacts aggressively as soon as it sees you. In any case, expect an immediate attack when you encounter one of these beetles.
You shouldn’t underestimate the pugnacious adversary at all, because the black ox beetle is one of the strongest non-boss insects that exist in the game. However, the fight with these creatures can be quite rewarding, because they drop valuable loot with a little luck, including:
- Black Ox Horn
- Black Ox Parts
- Tough Gunk
You’ll need this loot to craft the black ox armor, among other things. Where you can best find black oxen beetles and how to defeat them in battle, we will show you in our guide.
Tip from our author: “Also check out our big armor guide to Grounded and learn how to craft all armor sets in the game!”
Here you can find black ox beetles in Grounded
The black ox beetle is mainly found in the upper courtyard. It doesn’t exhibit any special behavior but roams its territory without stopping. In these places you are quite sure to meet one or even more of the black insects:
- At the beginning of the Undershed
- Around the wheelbarrow
- In the highlands of Moldorc in the pile of stone
- In the western trenches in the Shed Surroundings
- Below the big ladder at the very north of the upper grassland
- In the south of the tree stump
- Below the garden lamp in the upper grassland
- Around Moldorc Castle at the field station in the highlands and on the back-north side
The fight against the black ox beetle in Grounded
If you encounter one or more of these creatures, you should be well prepared. The black ox beetle has five different attacks with which it will come at you:
- A blow with its head.
- A throw with a stone, which it picks up from the ground.
- A rapid Charge at you for a long time, unless you interrupt the attack chain.
- A jump attack where he spins in the air and kicks dust at you.
- An attack where he lunges forward twice and finally strikes vigorously with his head, causing massive damage.
For your battle with the Black Ox Beetle, you should bring at least Tier 2 armor and Tier 3 weapons, such as the Salt Morning Star. While you can easily dodge the stone-throwing attack, you should bring a sturdy shield for the other attacks, such as the Black Ant Shield.
|More about Grounded|
Do you want to join our community and discuss Grounded? Then join our new Discord server. We are looking forward to you!