In Hogwarts Legacy, janitor Gladwin Moon asks you to collect all the Demiguise statues. This guide will tell you where to find these mysterious works of art.
What exactly are these Demiguise statues? Early on in Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll meet the ghostly Professor Percival Rackham, who long ago held a chair at the University of Magic. The dead man, it soon becomes clear, has bigger plans for you, which is why he subjects you to several tests.
Once you’ve passed the first test, which requires you to fight a giant Thinkarium Guard, you’re approached by Hogwarts’ conflicted janitor. The aforementioned Korean named Gladwin Moon proposes an exchange of favors to you. He fears that certain Demiguise Statues are trying to drive him mad; we’re talking about monkey sculptures that each hold their protective hand over Demiguise Moons.
At night, these moons begin to glow in bright blue and the statues become a bit transparent. Not much more is known about these strange works of art. In short, you are to remove all the moon guardians from Gladwin’s sight. In exchange, he’ll teach you the extremely useful spell Alohomora (pick locks).
|Find more helpful guides, collections, or tips and tricks in our Hogwarts Legacy Guide Overview.|
Hold on, don’t start running right away!
For this task, note that Gladwin Moon’s strange request can only be fulfilled at night. You will also need the lock picking spell, Alohomora. The first level of the spell, which allows you to open level 1 locks, is obtained at the beginning of the quest.
However, after collecting nine and 13 statues, you will have to return to Gladwin to learn the next level of Alohomora. This is important because some of the monkey guardians hide behind level 2 locks.
Accordingly, there is something like an optimal order for collecting the Demiguise Statues. It’s best to start the sculpture hunt in Hogsmeade, where a total of nine statues are hiding in plain sight. After that, take care of the eleven statues in the surroundings of Hogwarts, that is, in the open world. And finally, grab the remaining ten statues in the university building.
These Are the Locations of All 30 Demuguise Statues
- Besenknecht’s Sunday Best: on the sales counter.
- Three Brooms: Upstairs room (level 1 lock).
- Boar’s Head: In the storage area behind the counter.
- Tomes and Scrolls: In the next room on a dresser.
- Residence: To the left in the alley in front of the Boar’s Head (level 2 lock).
- Residence: To the right of the store Tomes and Scrolls (level 2 lock).
- Residence: Opposite the shop Schnabel & Brut (level 1 lock).
- Residence: East of the Three Broomsticks Tavern (level 1 lock).
- Residence: South of the watermill. There are some planters in front of the house (level 1 lock).
In the open world:
- Aranshire: In the house near the Flea Flame (level 1 lock).
- Bainburgh: In the house north of the shields (level 2 lock).
- Brocburrow: In the house north of the well (level 1 lock).
- Cragcroft: In the house not far from the merchant’s stall.
- Feldcroft: In the house east of the well (level 2 lock).
- Irondale: In Mrs. Twiddle’s house next door (near the flea flame).
- Keenbridge: In the house not far from the merchant’s stall (level 1 lock).
- Lower Hogsfield: In the house near the Flea Flame.
- Marunween: In a house with some cauldrons in front of it.
- Pitt-Upon Ford: In the house near the flea flame.
- Upper Hogsfield: In the house with the water wheel (level 1 lock).
- Astronomy Wing: In Professor Fig’s office.
- Astronomy Wing: Pick the lock (level 1) below the Potions Classroom. Go to the picture gallery and open the door of the next room (level 2 lock). There you will find a statue.
- Astronomy Wing: In the Muggle Lore classroom (level 2 lock).
- Library annex: In the Divination classroom.
- Library Annex: In the forbidden part of the library.
- Library Annex: In the Assembly Courtyard, go through the door near the Flea Flame. Pick the door lock on the right (level 2).
- Bell Tower Wings: In the hut near the Animal Beast Outdoor Classroom (Level 2 lock).
- Bell Tower Wings: At the north exit, go up the stairs to the battlements and pick the door lock one floor down (level 1).
- Great Hall: In the locked side room (level 1 lock).
- South Wing: Open the locked toilet door (level 1 lock). Behind the middle cubicle you will find a secret room where you can find a statue.
Want to join our community and discuss Hogwarts Legacy? Then feel free to join our Discord server or visit us on Facebook. We look forward to seeing you there!