In this guide, we show you how you can find the Heart of Mars in Starfield, extract and sell it later on for 28,000 Credits.
Laylah will also warn you that this resource is cursed, but true Starfield fans will not miss the opportunity to complete the quest and receive a reward for this valuable resource. Follow our hints to find the Heart of Mars in Starfield.
Worth reading: Quickly Gain XP With Aluminum and Iron Farms
Starfield: The Heart of Mars Location
After you talk to Laylah, she will give you the coordinates of the Heart of Mars. Then, follow the next steps:
- In the mission menu, you will see the option “Heart of Mars,” and you need to click on the “Set Course” button to make the new Cave location appear on your Mars map.
- Next, head up from Cydonia to your ship and travel to this location.
- Not far from the landing point, you will see a waypoint that will lead you to the Cave.
- You need to go inside, and we recommend using a flashlight to better navigate in the darkness.
- Then, go down to the bottom to find the Heart of Mars.
- To extract the Heart of Mars, you’ll have to use the Cutter. This medium-sized mineral weighs 10.0, so be sure to make room for it in advance.
- Once you have the valuable resource, travel back to the Cydonia pits to find Laylah and deliver it to her.
When you find and start talking to this character, she will be pleasantly surprised, as the Heart of Mars is just a prank on newbies, and the thing you found is not it, although it resembles the mineral from the legend. After the dialog, the decision on what to do with this resource is entirely up to you. Note that its value is impressive – 20,000 credits. By the way, if you are looking for more information about this game, here we have a guide on how to add, remove, and change crew members in Starfield, make sure to check it out!