Laser rifles and automatic pistols are cool, but what about melee weapons? There are many situations when you find yourself in close combat, or you just run out of ammo. In these cases, you pull out a melee weapon. So next, you will learn about one of the best melee weapons in the game. We will tell you how to get Va’ruun Painblade in Starfield.
Having a powerful melee weapon is essential because, as we said above, different situations can happen. Below, we have described the options you can use to get Va’ruun Painblade.
Starfield: How to get Va’ruun Painblade
So, as you may have noticed, standard stores on the planets do not have this item in stock. However, you can buy the Va’ruun Painblade from Aludra Tahan, located on The Key. You’ll need to join the Crimson Fleet to get it, but not all players have access to it or know how to do it. Fortunately, we do, and here are the steps you need to perform:
- Commit a crime that will get you arrested by UC Vanguard.
- Instead of going to jail, you’ll be sent on a special mission to The Key to sabotage the Crimson Fleet.
- While there, you will be able to refuse to cooperate with UC Vanguard and join the pirates.
How to Find Aludra Tahan in Starfield
Once you complete several faction quests, you become a member of the Crimson Fleet. This gives you the opportunity to visit their territories and buy items from local merchants. Finding the right one is not difficult, just follow these steps:
- Get on a ship and fly to The Key.
- After entering the main building, go forward and turn right into a section called The Depot.
- Go forward, to the first turn on the left, where you will notice a counter with a merchant named Aludra Tahan.
- Approach her to browse the assortment.
- Among the available items, you can buy a Va’ruun Painblade for 9,570 credits (the price may vary depending on the level of your Commerce skill).
Thus, after spending only 15 minutes of time, you will get one of the best melee weapons. The 62 attack and hit rate will help you chop down your opponents without even running out of ammo. You can check how this weapon looks like in the video below.
By the way, if you’re looking for more on the game, here we have an article on how to find the Hangover Cure in Starfield, make sure to check it out!