At the end of Starfield, you face a tough decision: Do you take the rewards and start a New Game Plus in your old strength, or would you rather return to the current playthrough? Here, which rewards should persuade you to start a new walkthrough.
Here’s the deal: After the final mission, “A Giant Leap”, Starfield ends in a cinematic. At this point in the space role-playing game, you’ll have the choice of entering Unity, which will unlock the New Game Plus mode, or returning to the run game to explore the last of the Starfield universe.
One thing to keep in mind, of course, is that entering Unity resets all progress, so you’ll start the game back at the mining outpost on Vectera. But do you start completely from scratch? No, not completely. Below are the things you’ll be left with in New Game Plus, and what rewards you can expect.
Rewards of New Game Plus in Starfield
What you will keep after the start of the New Game Plus:
- All traits, skills, and powers.
- The Frontier ship returns to you, even if you sold it.
- The powerful Starborn Guardian ship will be unlocked.
- The Astra spacesuit worth 65,520 credits will be unlocked.
The stats of the Astra suit:
- Physical (PHYS): 149
- Energy (ENGY): 149
- Electromagnetic (EM): 149
- Thermal: 50
- Airborne: 50
- Corrosive: 50
- Radiation: 50
Disadvantages of New Game Plus in Starfield
What will be taken away from you after you start New Game Plus:
- Your credit account balance will be set to zero.
- All of the items you have collected disappear, regardless of which inventory they were placed in.
- All of your outposts will be removed from their locations and will be lost.
- All planet scan data and visit data associated with planets will be deleted.
Of course, starting a New Game Plus also means that all mechanics and items have to be unlocked again, be it fast travel, boostpacks, ships, or whatever. On the other hand, you’ll face an almost completely reset universe with the considerable combat and persuasion of an end-game character.
|More about Starfield|